|Nickname||The Sleepy Singer|
|Special Moves||Rollout (Neutral), Pound (Side), Sing (Up), Rest (Down)|
|Final Smash||Puff Up|
|First appearance||Pokémon Red & Blue series (1996)|
|Voice actor(s)||Mika Kanai (as Purin) (Japanese), Rachael Lillis (English)|
Jigglypuff (プリン, Purin) is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. After initially being seen several times during the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 50-Fact Extravaganza on October 23rd, 2014, it was formally added to the official website on November 5th, 2014. Jigglypuff is once again voiced by Rachael Lillis in English and Mika Kanai in Japanese, albeit via recycled voice clips. As in previous games, it also has different voice actresses in French and German.
This Normal/Fairy-type Pokémon is best known for its soothing singing, which can put foes to sleep. In Smash Bros., it fights best in the air and can even jump six times in a row. The downside, though, is that Jigglypuff's so light, most opponents could launch it in their sleep!
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is the first installment where Jigglypuff is a starter character. As a result, Jigglypuff had appeared in various official screenshots and videos (such as the October 2014 Wii U Direct) without acknowledgement before its official reveal.
- Jigglypuff was the last character overall to be fully confirmed on the SSB4 website before the initial release of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and, by extension, the last of the "perfect-attendance crew" to be announced.
- Jigglypuff's official artwork pose is a mirrored version of its pose from its official artwork from Pokémon Red and Green Versions. SSB4 is also the only Super Smash Bros. game to not have Jigglypuff fully face the screen in its official art and is the first game to give Jigglypuff new character artwork.
- While Jigglypuff's textures are completely unique in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, its actual 3D model is very similar to its model used in Pokémon X and Y.
- While most fighter trophies are sorted by debut appearance and then by unlockability within the type sorting, Jigglypuff is different in that it is placed between the Brawl characters and the SSB4 characters in the list.
- If done with correct timing, Jigglypuff can avoid damage by using its down taunt, even though many attacks can still hit it. Also, if its down taunt is used next to a cannon in the stage builder, Jigglypuff will be launched by said cannon.
- Jigglypuff is the only starter character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U who has a challenge exclusive to it that cannot be unlocked with a Golden Hammer.
- Jigglypuff, along with Captain Falcon and Yoshi are the only characters who have voice clips that are used in every installment of Super Smash Bros.
- Jigglypuff is also the only non-DLC character in SSB4 to have only one blast line KO voice clip.
- Ness and Jigglypuff are the only members of the "perfect-attendance crew" to not appear in any of the newcomers' poster art.
- Jigglypuff's grab uses part of Rollout's sound normally, In fact, if one uses 1/2x or 1/4x speed in SSB4 and uses Jigglypuff's grab, the Rollout sound effect will play until Jigglypuff finishes its grab. If the Hold L speeds are used, this will continue until time is unpaused.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch characters
|List of Characters|
|AiAi · Bayonetta · Bowser · Bowser Jr. · Captain Falcon · Charizard · Cloud · Corrin · Crash · Daisy · Dark Pit · Diddy Kong · Dixie Kong · Donkey Kong · Donkey Kong Jr. · Dr. Mario · Duck Hunt · Elsa · Falco · Fox · Ganondorf · Goku · Greninja · Ice Climbers · Ike · Inkling · Inuyasha · Jigglypuff · Justice · King Dedede · Kirby · Lana · Link · Little Mac · Lucario · Lucas · Lucina · Luigi · Marina · Mario · Marth · Mega Man · Meta Knight · Mewtwo · Mii Fighter (Brawler · Gunner · Swordfighter) · Mr. Game & Watch · Naruto · Ness · Olimar · Pac-Man · Palutena · Peach · Pichu · Pikachu · Pit · Pokémon Trainer · R.O.B. · Ralph · Reimu · Robin · Rosalina & Luma · Roy · Ryu · Sakura · Samus · Scott Pilgrim · Sheik · Shulk · Snake · Sonic · SpongeBob · Toon Link · Villager · Wario · Wii Fit Trainer · Wolf · Yoshi · Young Link · Zelda · Zero Suit Samus|