Jak and Daxter is a 2014 adventure comdey film based on a video game, starring
The story begins with a narration by Samos the Sage, master of the Green Eco. He speaks cryptically of the Precursors, the masters of the universe and creators of all life on the planet, and the powerful substance known as Eco. Meanwhile, Jak and his mischief-making best friend, Daxter, are making their way to Misty Island, against Samos' warnings. After arriving, they see two people plotting with an army of evil creatures known as Lurkers. The duo, worried by what they are seeing, prepare to leave, but are attacked by a large Lurker. Jak manages to destroy it using a barrel of Eco, but the explosion throws Daxter into a pool of Dark Eco. Daxter flies back out of the pit, transformed into an ottsel (a hybrid of an otter and a weasel), but otherwise unharmed. Returning to their village of Sandover, they seek help from Samos who states that only Gol Acheron, the Sage of Dark Eco, could change Daxter back.
The route north towards Gol is blocked by Fire Canyon, which can only be traversed with Keira's Zoomer (essentially a hoverbike) equipped with a heat shield fueled with enough Power Cells (spheres of energy). After Jak and Daxter collect enough Power Cells they make their way back to the Blue Sage's village. The village at the end of the canyon has been mostly destroyed by a giant cyborg Lurker named Klaww, while the Sage of Blue Eco who watches over the village has mysteriously vanished. Jak and Daxter find themselves in search of more Power Cells to energize an anti-gravity device and unblock the way to Klaww's lair at the peak. After opening a path up the mountain, they defeat Klaww and ride their Zoomer down the mountain to the Volcanic Crater.
Jak makes his way to the Red Sage's laboratory, where he learns that all of the sages except Samos have been kidnapped by the same people who Jak and Daxter saw speaking to Lurkers on Misty Island. The people turn out to be Gol Acheron and Maia Acheron, Gol's sister, who wish to flood the world with dark eco. Jak recovers more power cells so Keira can upgrade the Zoomer heat shield in order to navigate a lava-filled tunnel.
On the other side of the tunnel, in the Yellow Sage's lab, Keira declares that Samos has been captured as well. Journeying through Gol and Maia's citadel, Jak and Daxter successfully free all the sages, saving Samos last. He tells them that Gol and Maia are using all the sage's energies to power their robot, which is powerful enough to break open the Dark Eco silos. Jak and Daxter then travel to the top of the Dark Eco Silos to confront a reactivated Precursor Robot controlled by Gol and Maia. Jak battles the robot, but only disables it by destroying the robot's weapons. After this, 4 mini-silos, that are attached to the large silo, which each contain a different eco type shoot beams of light towards the middle of the silo in the air above, clashing and forming a pyramid-like shape. This combines all the ecos and forms into light eco. Daxter realizes that the Light Eco would change him back to normal if he were to absorb it, but ultimately allows Jak to use it and disable the robot.
Trapped in the robot, Gol and Maia sink into the Dark Eco silo, which then closes and traps them inside, presumably killing them both; Samos, however, is not certain that this is the case. The group's attention is then directed toward an immense Precursor Door, which can only open with the energy of 101 Power Cells. With the cells, the door opens to reveal an ambiguous large object enveloped in a blinding light; the details are explained in the next film.
- Jake T. Austin as Jak
- Jerry Trainor as the voice of Daxter
- Joel Courtney as Daxter (Human)
- Robert De Niro as Samos Hagai
- Emma Stone as Keira Hagai
- Shia LaBeouf as Gol Acheron
- Emma Bell as Maia Acheron
- Gary Oldman as Blue Sage
- Dustin Hoffman as Red Sage
- Willem Dafoe as Yellow Sage
The Opening Scene
- Samos: I have spent my life searching for the answers that my father and my father's fathers failed to find. Who were the Precursors? Why did they create the vast monoliths that liter our planet? How did they harness Eco, the life energy of the world? What was their purpose? And why did they vanish? I have asked the plants, but they do not remember. The plants have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall. Every bone in my body tells me that the answers rest on the shoulders... of a young boy... oblivious to his destiny, uninterested in the search for truth, and rejecting of my guidance! And why would he want to listen to old Samos the sage, anyway? I'm only the master of Green Eco, one of the wisest men on the planet! So it seems the answers begin not with careful research or sensible thinking. Nay! As with many of fate's mysteries, it begins with but a small act... of disobedience.
- (Throughout the latter of Samos' speech, Jak and Daxter ride the Fisherman's Boat to Misty Island and disembark. Jak walks about without fear while Daxter is more cautious and fidgety.)
- Daxter: Hey! Uh, Jak? Old Green Stuff told us not to come here.
- (Jak and Daxter venture bravely and cautiously, respectively, further into Misty Island. Jak, sensing something is amiss, peeks over a nearby boulder. Daxter does this also, albeit landing on the boulder more painfully. Jak shushes him. They see that a congregation of Lurkers have gathered outside a door to the Precursor Silo. The only two types seen are Soldiers and Bone Guards. Then Gol and Maia appear in a flash before them.)
- Gol: Continue your search for artifacts and Eco. (Takes deep breath) The locals possess Precursor items. You know what to do.
- Maia: Deal harshly with anybody who strays from the village. We will attack it in due time.
- (Jak and Daxter choose to ignore this foreshadowing of the apocalypse and go looking around the island. As they leave, a Bone Guard hears them and turns in their direction. The duo go inside the Precursor silo and find a pit filled with Dark Eco.)
- Daxter: What are we doin' here anyway, Jak? This place gives me the creeps.
- (Daxter trips over something on the floor. Jak chuckles at him.)
- Daxter: Huh? Oh, stupid Precursor junk.
- (Indeed, this particular piece of junk seems to be a cylinder-looking object with strange markings covering it. Daxter picks it up and walks over to Jak, who is staring into the pool of Dark Eco.)
- Daxter: Eech! What is that dark ooze? It sure don't look friendly. The sage yaps on about the Precursors who built this place all the time. 'Where did they go? Why did they build this crap? Now, I like Precursor Orbs and Power Cells as much as the next guy, but if you ask me? They must have been real losers.
- (Daxter tosses the Precursor item he picked up to Jak. It begins to glow red when Jak touches it.)
- Daxter: Wow! How did ya do that?
- (Jak has no idea. However, their wonderment is interrupted by the crash of a Bone Guard behind them.)
- Daxter: Jak, I think we're in trouble!
- (Jak runs towards the Lurker and throws the Precursor Bomb into him. It explodes. The resulting force of the explosion destroys the Lurker, but sends Jak crashing into Daxter. Daxter falls into the pool, screaming. Jak is rightfully concerned, but in a few seconds, Daxter comes shooting out of the Eco, landing on his back. Only now, he's an Ottsel.)
- Daxter: Man, that stung! I told ya we shouldn't have come here, and you listened!
- (Jak is glaring at Daxter's new form.)
- Daxter: ...Whaaaaaat?
- (Daxter notices his hand... is furry and orange. His pupils shrink. His mouth twitches. He then screams.)
- Daxter: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Okay, okay. I'm fine, I'm fine.
- (He looks down and sees his tail.)
- Daxter: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
- (Sometime later, it is dawn. Jak and the now fuzzy Daxter arrive at Samos's Hut. Daxter attempts to enter unnoticed while Samos is meditating but is heard with his little rodent feet.)
- Samos: What in green tarnation do you two want?
- Daxter: We- we- we was...! I-I was...!
- Samos: Don't tell me! Instead of heeding my wisdom, the two of you went mucking around in the only place I told you not to go; Misty Island!
- Daxter: That's right! And then we...
- Samos: And, Daxter, you finally took a much-needed bath. But in a bath tub FILLED... with Dark Eco!
- Daxter: Look, old man! Are you gonna keep yappin', or are you gonna help me outta this mess?!
- Samos: I'm gonna keep yappin'! Because, in my professional opinion, the change is an improvement. And besides... I couldn't help you if I wanted to.
- Daxter: Whaaaaaat?!
- Samos: There is only one person who has studied Dark Eco long enough to have a chance at returning you to your previous form. Gol Acheron, the sage. But he lives far to the north. Far, far to the north! Nobody has spoken to him for ages. I would teleport you there, but I can't do that either. None of the three sages that maintain the other teleporter gates have seen fit to turn their ends on for quite awhile.
- Samos: The only other way north is by foot on the Fire Canyon. But, its volcanic soil is hot enough to melt Precursor metal. You can't just walk through it!
- Keira: But you could fly over it!
- (The suggestively shaped daughter of Samos appears, whom probably resembles her mother; this is Keira. Jak and Daxter instantly perk up when she enters the room.)
- Keira: If you had a Zoomer equipped with a heat shield... I just happen to be working on that very thing this moment. All I would need was 20 Power Cells to give it enough energy to withstand the canyon's heat. Isn't that right, Daddy?
- (Keira is unimpressed with Daxter's attempt at muscle-show considering he has no muscles to speak of.)
- Samos: Yes, Keira, that might work. But where are a boy... and a half (Samos smacks Daxter on the head)...going to get 20 Power Cells?
- Keira: From the villagers! Most of them have a Power Cell or two stashed away somewhere. And even if they aren't willing to just give them away, greasing their palms with a few Precursor Orbs should do the trick. And I bet there are even more of them out in the wilds, just waiting for some brave adventurer to find.
- (Upon saying this, she bats her eyes at Jak. Jak smiles but Daxter does not. He, instead, points to himself.)
- Daxter: Well, we've got the brave adventurer, at least.
- Samos: Brave adventurer? You two couldn't find your way out of the village without training! Before you do anything else, you better go through the warp gate and get some practice on Geyser Rock.
- Daxter: Uh, we won't find anymore of that dark, gooey Eco stuff, will we? 'Cause I'd hate to fall in again and turn into you!!!
- Samos: Get in there before I turn you both into ferns!
- (Jak enters the Warp Gate and Daxter, with a humorous pose, follows him in.)
Song Video Gallery
- It will distributed by Paramount Pictures with Skydance Productions and Original Film.