Isn't It Scary (stylized as Isn't It Scary?) is a 2011 American teen fantasy meta slasher film directed by Christopher Landon and written by M.A. Fortin and Joshua John Miller.
The film was produced by Scott Rudin, Sara Risher and Mark Radcliffe.
The film follows a young high school horror fan who wakes up to find her life styled like an 80's slasher film after wishing on a shooting star. With a killer on the loose, she has to save her friends and family from the killer while using her knowledge of horror films to good use to survive.
The film stars Aimee Teegarden, Daphne Zuniga, Johnny Simmons, Shenae Grimes, Ariana Grande, Aly Michalka, Kenton Duty, AJ Michalka, James Maslow, Shannon Kook-Chun, Daryl Sabara, Drew Van Acker, Haley Ramm, Britt Robertson, Logan Browning, Bryan Cranston, Ty Burrell and Derek Mears
The film was distributed by New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. Pictures and was released on September 23rd, 2011. The film recieved very favorable reviews from critics and audiences for it's quirky off-beat vibe, gruesome kills and also the cheeky meta humor. Isn't It Scary grossed $145 million dollars at the box office and was considered a late summer sleeper hit.
- Aimee Teegarden as Kisarah Sheraton
- Johnny Simmons as Steven Hobbs
- Shenae Grimes as Kandy Kane
- Kenton Duty as Devin Sheraton
- Daphne Zuniga as Judith "Judy" Sheraton
- Bryan Cranston as David Sheraton
- Daryl Sabara as Jacob Perry
- Haley Ramm as Bonnie Jenet
- Britt Robertson as Carrie O'Hara
- Aly Michalka as Hilarie West
- AJ Michalka as Anya West
- James Maslow as Carter Ludwing
- Ariana Grande as Jane Risher
- Ty Burrell as Pricipal John Mason
- Logan Browning as Lauren Smith
- Shannon Kook-Chun as Dane Wu
- Drew Van Acker as Drake Walsh
- Derek Mears as The Killer
- Victoria Justice, Emma Roberts and Scout Taylor Compton were considered for the role of Kisarah Sheraton.