Innerve, properly titled The Chronicles of Machine, Chapter I: Innerve is the debut album from American metal band Transgress, released on March 15th 1994 via Candelbra Records. The album was successful in establishing both Transgress and Candelbra Records. It is followed by 1996's Create, Decimate.
Like with all Transgress albums, Innerve is a concept album dealing with machines, similarly to the vein of Terminator.
- "God In Repair" is taking on the idea that God is a machine, and is broken. Mankind, in their blind arrogance, seek to repair him.
- "Primal Fear" is a song about facing the most terrifying moments in your life. Vince DeSano elaborated in the "Machinations Live" DVD "The song is about fearing the most primal things; being killed, running from something. It's the most horrible feeling you can imagine, and terror is your only friend".
- "The Risen" is a song focusing on a cou d'etat by advanced machines, who destroy humanity's governments and emplace the Divine Matriarch as Earth's new leader. Songs about the Matriarch appear on later albums, as well as again on "Innerve" with "She Is Your God Now".
- "Invasion of Your Mind Part I: Parasite" is the first part in a story following a man who is experimented on by a corporation, and his mind subject to an advanced parasite. Part II: Psychosymetry sees the repercussions of this, and the man's transformation into something sinister.
- "Invasion of Your Mind Part II: Psychosymetry" is the second part in a story following a man who is experimented on by a corporation, and his mind subject to an advanced parasite. Part II sees on from Part I, where the man begins to transform into something sinister, and the parasite begins to take control of his body and mind. The story is resolved on Transgress' following album Create, Decimate.
- "She Is Your God Now" is about the Divine Matriarch introduced in "The Risen", and her subjugation of Earth's people as their god. She forces them to build massive temples in her honor, and pray to her.
- "Christ Mechanic" is a song that sees a Christ-like savior rise in the machine subjugated world and fight for humanity, but is ultimately destroyed.
- "God In Repair" - 7:00
- "Primal Fear" - 3:40
- "The Risen" - 4:00
- "Invasion of Your Mind Part I: Parasite" - 8:00
- "Invasion of Your Mind Part II: Psychosymetry" - 6:30
- "She Is Your God Now" - 9:00
- "Christ Mechanic" - 5:00