Hell House is a 2019 British Psychological Horror television series developed by Ti West for the pay t.v. subscription Stan.com which also served as it's primary production company distributor along with Worldview Entertainment and Arcade Pictures.
It is based on the 1971 Richard Matheson horror novel of the same name and is the second adaption of the work, following John Hough's 1973 The Legend of Hell House.
The series launched after the overwhelming success of the Netflix distributed Mike Flanagan adapted series: The Haunting of Hill House, based on the Shirley Jackson novel of the same name, and which also served as another media adaption of the psychological horror literature: although a third incarnation.
It stars Tim Roth, Sophie Thomson, Stephen Rea, Kathryn Prescott, Liam Cunningham, Ewan Bremmer, Sara Paxton and AJ Bowen.
In 1971 Dr. Lionel Barrett, a physicist with an interest in parapsychology is commissioned by dying millionaire, William Deutsch to investigate the possibility of life after death.
He is assigned the location of the Belasco House in Nottingham a supposedly haunted, decrepit mansion estate. Accompanying him is his assistant wife Edith, young spiritualist and mental medium Florence Tanner, and physical medium Benjamin Fischer.
The house is regarded as the most haunted home in the world, and is nicknamed 'Hell House' due to it's disturbing, gruesome history of sexual perversion, blasphemy and shocking violence: not limited to vampirism, cannibalism, satanism, various forms of drug abuse, gratuitous sexual acts and sexual violence, murder, torture, necrophilia, incest and animal violence.
The spirits, demons and evil energy of the home deeply affects the young impressionable Tanner who at first is infatuated with the sordid background of the place, and Mrs. Barrett who is struggling with suppressed desires. Dr. Barrett's naivety fuels the the cataclysmic force plunging the group toward a dark abyss, and being among the rest of the permanent residents, though Mr. Fischer's connection to the place and walled off guard may prove beneficial to their survival, upon their stay...at Hell House.
- Tim Roth as Dr. Lionel Barrett
- Sophie Thomson as Edith Barrett
- Stephen Rea as Benjamin Franklin Fischer
- Kathryn Prescott as Florence Tanner
- Liam Cunningham as William Reinhardt Deutsch
- Javier Botet as Emeric Belasco
- Ewan Bremmer as Daniel Belasco
- Sara Paxton as Jeanine Rodgers
- AJ Bowen as Walt Donahue
- Michelle Dockery as Eileen Belasco
- Noah Jupe as Billy Odal
- Jackson A. Dunn as Young Daniel Belasco
- Hayley Atwell as Julie Stedwell
- Gemma Atkinson as Denise Bannon
- Lena Dunham as Joanne Hargrove
- Joe Swanberg as Jasper Noel
- Jenna Coleman as Sapphire Gordon
- Emily Jane Atack as Onyx Ridley
- Jason Flemyng as The Peacemaker/Riley Addley Guthrie
- Jack Whitehall as Thomas Pendlebury
- Zawe Ashton as Taylor Hemming
- Colin Salmon as Roderick Hemming
- Ashley Walters as Weylan Hemming
- Ringo Starr as Chancellor Bryant/Lunacy
- Ellie Goulding as Tammy Faye/Hysteria
- Conrad Lant as Travis Bartlett/Torso
- Dani Filth as Malcolm Tredding/Head
- Friday 2:58 p.m.
1973 William Deutsch's investigative group led by by Dr. Barrett enter the Belasco House. Florence Tanner experiences immediate overwhelming negative energy, survivour Fischer recounts the house's sordid past/evil deeds of Emeric Belasco to Mrs. Barrett. Tanner undergoes her first sitting at 2:58 p.m. and encounters the spirit of a hostile man, experiencing physical phenomena. Dr. Barrett experiences insomnia, Mrs. Barrett catches weird sights in the bedroom room and Fischer in a vulnerable, drunken moment sees the gruesome apparitions of his former colleagues.
- Friday 5:32 p.m.
A homeless man arrives at the house at 5:32 that first night much to Fischer's shock, who can't seem to locate Mr. or Mrs. Barrett or Miss Tanner. Dr. Barrett conducts a audio walkthrough of the estate, discovering themed, perverse rooms including: The Den, Dungeon of Horror, Chamber of Blood, Hallway of Heresy and Kennel. Florence makes brief visual contact with Daniel Belasco, but is then pursued by a terrifying, grotesque spectre. Mrs. Barrett after boring with her texts consults the Belasco library of books and in giving shelter to Miss Tanner makes a frightening proposal.
- Friday 9:00 p.m.
- Friday 12:00 a.m.
- Saturday 3:30 a.m.
- Saturday 1:22 p.m.
- Saturday 6:17 p.m.
- Sunday 3:30 a.m.
- Sunday 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday 12:00 a.m.