Gravity Falls is a 2014 live action film based on a TV show on Diseny, starring Mason Cook, Laura Marano, Kevin Chamberlin, Will Sasso and Madeline Carroll
Twin brother and sister Dipper and Mabel Pines, whose summer plans are ruined when their parents ship them off to their Great Uncle Stan in Gravity Falls, Oregon. Uncle Stan lives in and runs The Mystery Shack, a tourist trap which overcharges unlucky visitors for a glimpse at the world's most bizarre museum, but little do Dipper and Mabel know that there really is something very strange going on and they must rely on one another to find their way in this unfamiliar town.
- Mason Cook as Dipper Pines/The twin brother of Mabel Pines. Smart and conventional, Dipper Pines can't wait to leave adolescence in the rear view mirror. A born adventurer at heart, Dipper can't sit still, and is always looking for the next riddle to solve. His scrupulous attention to detail comes in handy when he is off figuring out the mystery of the day, but sometimes his over-zealousness leaves others questioning his credibility. He is wise beyond his years, and his refusal to sit still when there are puzzles to be solved leaves him restless in everyday situations.
- Laura Marano as Mabel Pines/The older twin sister of Dipper Pines. Based on the postcard she sent to her parents she seems to be a girly girl. Mabel Pines is a buoyant and energetic optimist who skips through life with a braces-filled smile and an assortment of extremely colorful knit sweaters. It is her outgoing personality and fearless curiosity that come in handy when Dipper needs help solving a mystery, even if she isn't always aware of it. Mabel lives in a world of pre-teen novels, and her fixation on finding her one true love occasionally lands her in sticky situations which ultimately require her brother's help. Still, despite the weirdness in Gravity Falls, Mabel is always a "glass half full" kind of girl. Despite the fact that Mabel is Dipper's twin, Mabel is older than Dipper now because Laura Marano is a teen and Mason Cook is a tween.
- Kevin Chamberlin as Grunkle Stan/The great uncle of Dipper Pines and Mabel Pines. He runs and lives in The Mystery Shack which is the world's most bizarre museum. Grunkle Stan is a gruff and miserly salesman who has finally managed to set up shop in a town with enough unsuspecting customers to sell his worthless knickknacks. His flair for showmanship is oddly hypnotizing, and thus he is able to make money by peddling the bogus trinkets and baubles in his store. His work ethic is mainly driven by his desire to make money, so when he's not generating an income, he's usually at home watching television,although he has sometimes counterfeited and stole money. Stan almost always wears a fez similar to that worn by Shriners and often speaks of the "boys from the lodge", who he claims "mistrust" him. Even though he sends the twins on unpredictable and outrageous errands, he always has their best interests at heart and loves them unconditionally. Despite his apparent 'Used car salesman' demenour, he appears to have a few secrets of his own, including a hidden staircase to an unknown location hidden behind a vending machine.
- Will Sasso as Soos/The handyman at the Mystery Shack. A friend of Dipper and Mabel Pines, Soos is a portly and lovable manchild whose desire to be where the action is makes him an excellent resource for the twins when they need a ride about town. Sasso wore two fake teeth for the role.
- Madeline Carroll as Wendy/A cool, mellow teen who works at The Mystery Shack part time.