Firestorm 2 is a 2018 American Action Superhero Film, based off of the DC Comic's superhero of the same name, premiering in theaters on May 2, 2018, as the sequel of the 2016 Film, Firestorm. The film is the second of three installments, followed by Firestorm 3, and distributed by Warner Bros. Starring Dylan Sprayberry, Victor Garber, Jadin Gould, Sammi Hanratty, Michael Christopher Smith, Emily Bett Rickards, and Isabella Hoffman, the film focuses on Ronnie Raymond and Dr. Martin Stein, also known as the superhero, Firestorm, as they take on Multiplex and Killer Frost, while trying to discover the secrets of H.I.V.E.
NOTE: This article was created by Phantom10
Bright College student, Ronnie Raymond and physicist Dr. Martin Stein, who can both merge together to form the nuclear powered superhero, Firestorm, face new problems, with both personal lives and heroic duties, as they continue to protect New York City from threats, but now an old pupil of Dr. Stein's, a bio-genicist named Danton Black, uses his work on cellular replication for regeneration to become Multiplex, a super-villain with the ability to duplicate himself, out for revenge on those that stole his work. Things get worse, when Crystal Frost, an old friend of Caitlyn's, comes to New York for work on her thermodynamic engine, but when the experiment goes wrong, she is transformed into an ice generating supervillain, named Killer Frost, leaving it to Firestorm to save the city when the two psychotic supervillains team up to defeat their common enemy, as they begin to learn of a secret organization known as H.I.V.E.
- Dylan Sprayberry as Ronnie Raymond/Firestorm, a bright college student, with a promising career in physics, while secretly fighting crime as half of the superhero Firestorm, which was caused when an explosion of nuclear energy merged him with Dr. Martin Stein. Due to his stronger physical attributes, he is the body of Firestorm, while Stein guides him in his mind. His powers include nuclear generation and flight. In this film, he also has atom and particle manipulation.
- Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein/Firestorm, a Nobel prize winning physicist, rebuilding his career, while secretly fighting crime as half of the superhero, Firestorm, caused when his experiment caused a wave of nuclear energy that merged him with Ronnie Raymond. Due to his stronger mind, he merges with Ronnie's mind, acting as a guiding consciouns for Ronnie during battle, providing insight or strategy. In the first film, he's only a disembodied voice to Ronnie, but in this, when Ronnie speaks to him, his body mentally appears to Ronnie.
- Jadin Gould as Caitlin Snow, Ronnie's girlfriend and co-worker at S.T.A.R. Labs, and classmate in college, as she recently graduated with him, who knows that Ronnie and Dr. Stein are Firestorm, and helps him from S.T.A.R. Labs from the computer console.
- Michael Christopher Smith as Danton Black/Multiplex, a former employee at S.T.A.R. Labs and an old student of Dr. Steins, who specialized in cellular replication, wanting to use his work to replicate a new heart for his dying wife, until Stein unallowed him to continue, saying it's too risky. When his wife died, he used his research to create a serum, allowing him to grow clones of himself, for revenge against Stein.
- Sammi Hanratty as Crystal Frost/Killer Frost, an old friend of Caitlyn and Ronnie's, who graduated college early and was recruited to work on a thermodynamic engine in the Arctic, and returned years later to finish it, but when she accidentally got trapped in the thermofrost chamber, freezing her to the core and effecting her DNA, giving her the ability to generate ice and absorb heat.
- Tyler James Williams as Jason Rusch, Ronnie and Caitlyn's best friend, who helps Firestorm from the consoles at S.T.A.R. Labs. Like his friends, he is a very bright student, and is a sarcastic and lighthearted engineer, who acts as the comic relief in intense situations. He designed the suit that Firestorm wears and helped invent the Tachion device
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Ronnie's step-mother, as she recently married his father, and one of the few people to know Ronnie's secret, as she helps him with her unique skill to hack into secret files, which she initially uses to discover secrets behind H.I.V.E.
- Isabella Hoffman as Clarrisa Stein, Dr. Stein's wife, and a psychiatrist. She often feels that she is fiddled second to Martin's work, which nearly causes her to divorce him, until Ronnie changes her mind, but supports him in both his work a
A few years ago, S.T.A.R. Labs employee and bio-genicist, Danton Black, continues his work on cellular replication, but when he begins testing his experiments wrecklessly, he's fired and his research is dismissed by Dr. Stein.
In present day, Firestorm is flying through New York, chasing after a truck of stolen chemicals. Meanwhile, Felicity Smoak, Jason Rusch, and Caitlyn Snow are waiting for them at the reopening of S.T.A.R. Labs, and wandering where Clarrisa Stein is. Firestorm blasts the tires to melt them and goes into the truck to stop the criminals inside. The driver comes out and shoots at them, but they melt each bullet, when suddenly, he creates ten exact clones of himself. They stop each clone, but he just makes more. After stopping them, he goes to get the ones in the truck, but they're gone and then the other clones disappear, so they head to S.T.A.R. Labs
When they get there, they seperate and Stein goes on stage to give his speech, while Ronnie meets with Caitlyn and Jason. After the reopening, Ronnie and Caitlyn are greeted by an old friend from High School, Crystal Frost, but suddenly, Danton Black arrives on stage with a gun to Stein, and takes him into S.T.A.R. Labs and Ronnie sneaks in. He runs and tackles Black and then merges with Stein. Black duplicates himself and attacks Firestorm, but he becomes surrounded, before Black just mysteriously leaves.
Afterward, Dr. Stein explains Black's work in cellular replication, and how his wreckless experiments got him fired and his work shut down, but Felicity tells them that Black's work is missing. Later, Ronnie and Caitlyn meet with Crystal and she tells them about a project she was recruited for in the Arctic, a Thermaldynamic engine, for use against Global Warming, and returned to New York to finish it.
After leaving Ronnie and Caitlyn, Crystal returns to her lab to work on the Thermodynamic Engine, but when there's a malfunction she goes to fix it, but accidently gets trapped in the Thermofrost chamber, and a dark figure activates it from the outside, freezing her core and putting her in a dormant state.
Walking through the park, Ronnie and Caitlyn talk about their plans for Christmas, but Caitlyn tells him that she gets worried about him when he's out there as Firestorm.
Meanwhile, Crystal wakes up in a strange lab under heating lamps, with white hair and pale skin. When she touches the lamp it freezes and she gets up. When a scientist walks in she grabs his arm, absorbing his heat and freezing him, then she grabs a coat and leaves.
Elsewhere in Time Square, Dr. Stein is walking with Clarrisa, who has an angry expression with him and tells him that she made her decision, when suddenly, they see Caitlyn walking, taking heat from people nearby. She bends down and takes the heat from power lines.
Back at the park, Ronnie tries to reassure Caitlyn about his career as Firestorm not being forever. When she begins spazzing about everything that could happen, Ronnie pulls out an early Christmas present and proposes to her, but before she can answer, Dr. Stein telepathicly contacts Ronnie and he takes off.
In Times Square, as the police arrive, Martin leaves Clarrisa. When Crystal accidently freezes a cop, they begin shooting at her, but she keeps freezing them, causing them to drop. Firestorm drops down and tries to reason with her, but when accidently steps on a large puddle of ice freezing it, the police assume she's making a move, and shoot her, causing her to rampage, but Firestorm stops her. Caitlyn arrives next to Clarrisa, and before leaving Ronnie looks at Clarrisa and realizes that she's filing for divorce. They take her to S.T.A.R. Labs to try to find a cure for Crystal's condition, while Caitlyn says no to Ronnie's proposal, saying that with everything that's happening, they can't get married. Later, when Ronnie leaves, Black breaks in to the lab and frees Crystal and they team up, now going by Multiplex and Killer Frost.
Meanwhile, Ronnie goes to Dr. Stein's home to see Clarrisa, telling her that he knows that she's going to divorce Dr. Stein and they talk, and Ronnie convinces her to call off the divorce, when suddenly, he gets a call from Caitlyn and he heads back to the lab, where Caitlyn has been injured. Ronnie and Stein merge into Firestorm and go after Multiplex and Killer Frost, but before they do, Caitlyn changes her mind and accepts Ronnie's proposal.
They first confront Killer Frost at the Nuclear Power Plant, where she's absorbing the heat from the employees and power stations. After a short battle, Firestorm can't seem to beat her, since she absorbs every blast they shoot at her, so Stein instructs him to continuously blast her, causing her to overload and she explodes in an energy of heat. Meanwhile, Caitlyn is investigating Crystal's lab and checks out the Thermaldynamic engine, but when H.I.V.E. agents attack her, she accidently breaks the coolant system, causing it to jab her heart and covering her with ice.
Elsewhere, Firestorm confronts Multiplex, who tells them that his research was to save his dying wife. Their battle seems neverending, as Black keeps growing his army the more his clones are taken down, so Stein informs Ronnie that Black has limits and he moves all around, causing Black to push his limits, making each clone weaker and weaker, until they finally defeat him. Weak, Black nearly falls over a rail. Firestorm tries to catch him, but he purposely lets go. They suddenly get a call from Jason and they fly to Crystal's lab, where Caitlyn has become exactly like Killer Frost. Wanting to get warm, she steals heat from Firestorm, nearly freezing him, and leaves. He finds her at the S.T.A.R. Labs, where she's down in the basement about to reactivate the F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. matrix reactor. Stein tells Ronnie that a lot of people will die if she reactivates the reactor and that they need to stop her, but Ronnie is reluctant, but when she nearly kills them, Ronnie realizes they have no choice and he overloads her heat absorption as he did with Crystal, but mild enough to nearly keep her alive. Ronnie falls to the floor with a loud scream, with Stein appearing behind him in comfort.
A couple of weeks later on Christmas, Dr. Stein and Clarrisa, closer than ever, host Christmas dinner, with Jason and Felicity, hoping that Ronnie will arrive, but just as they give up and prepare to start, Ronnie arrives.
The film ends with Black Bison attacking New York City and Firestorm arrives to stop him.