Firestorm is a 2016 American actionn Superhero Film, based off of the DC Comic's superhero of the same name, premiering in theaters on June 28, 2016. The film is the first of three installments, followed by Firestorm 2, and distributed by Warner Bros. Starring Dylan Sprayberry, Victor Garber, Demore Barnes, Jadin Gould, Emily Bett Rickards, and Isabella Hoffman, the film focuses on Ronnie Raymond and Dr. Martin Stein, when a nuclear explosion allows the two to merge into a superhero known as Firestorm, the Nuclear Man.
NOTE: This article was created by Phantom10
When a project at S.T.A.R. Labs known as F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. goes underway, a malfunction in the experiment goes wrong, and it creates a massive explosion of nuclear energy that merges a smart High School Football star, Ronnie Raymond and a nobel prize winning phyicist, Dr. Martin Stein, into one, with Ronnie controlling the body, while Dr. Stein's consciousness acts as a guide for him. The two try to seperate their bond and return to their normal lives, but when they learn another scientist, Henry Hewitt, has also been effected by the nuclear explosion, becoming a psychotic supervillain, Tokamak, the two must use their powers and merge into one superpowered hero, Firestorm, the Nuclear Man.
- Dylan Sprayberry as Ronnie Raymond/Firestorm, a teenage High School student and the captain of the Football team, as well as a highly intelligent intern at S.T.A.R. Labs, alongside his girlfriend, Caitlyn. When the F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. matrix reactor malfunction, Ronnie helped evacuate the lab, but stayed behind to help Dr. Stein, when the reactor blew up, causing a wave of nuclear energy to merge him and Stein. Due to his body being physically stronger, he is the body of the merged form. As Firestorm, he wears a yellow and red uniform, with a Tachion device that allows him control of his own body, and his hands and hair burst into flames. His powers include nuclear energy generation and the ability to fly.
- Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein/Firestorm, a nobel prize winning physicist and the head of the F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. project. When the reactor malfunctioned, he stayed behind to stop it, but was too late. As the reactor exploded, Ronnie Raymond tried to save him, but the nuclear energy fused them together. Due to his superior mind, but weaker body, Stein's mind merges with Ronnie's body and he acts as a guide for Ronnie during battle, giving him strategy and a plan when Ronnie begins losing. He originally controlled Ronnie's body, but he, Caitlyn, and Jason built a Tachion device that allowed Ronnie control while Stein was in his mind.
- Demore Barnes as Henry Hewitt/Tokamak, a scientist that previously worked with Dr. Stein, but was injured and put in the hospital by the reactor's explosion of Nuclear energy. Upon waking up, he learned that his blueprints for a Tokamak Particle device was stolen and in his rage, learned of his abilities, given to him by the F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. Matrix. When he used his rage to attack Dr. Stein, assuming he stole the blueprints, Firestorm stepped in to help him. His abilities consist of trapping and generating electromagnetic energy.
- Jadin Gould as Caitlin Snow, Ronnie's girlfriend and another intern at S.T.A.R. Labs, working alongside her boyfriend. Like Ronnie, she is a highly intelligent student, who also knows Ronnie's secret of being Firestorm. She often worries about losing Ronnie again, but supports him in his heroic career.
- Tyler James Williams as Jason Rusch, Ronnie and Caitlyn's best friend and another intern at S.T.A.R. Labs. Like his friends, he is a very bright student, and is a sarcastic and lighthearted engineer, who acts as the comic relief in intense situations. He designed the suit that Firestorm wears and helped invent the Tachion device.
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, the fiancee of Ronnie's father and an intelligent business manager. She is close with Ronnie, who initially didn't like her, but they grew closer due to Ronnie's father always working, especially when she finds out about his secret. After Ronnie disappeared after the explosion, she and Ronnie's father nearly broke up.
- Isabella Hoffman as Clarrisa Stein, Dr. Stein's wife, who was devestated after Martin disappeared after the explosion, until she learned about the merge between Ronnie and Martin. She often feels that she is fiddled second to Martin's work, but supports him in both his work and hero career.
- Rachael Taylor as Joanne Raymond, Ronnie's Mom, who was devestated after Ronnie disappeared after the explosion, until she learned about the merge between Ronnie and Martin. She often feels that she is fiddled First to Ronnie's Football Player, but supports him in both his work and hero career.
After Football practice, 16 year old Ronnie Raymond, a straight A, Football quarterback, is waiting for his father to pick him up, but his father's fiancee, Felicity Smoak, arrives instead, since his father was too busy. She takes him to S.T.A.R. Labs, where he's working for an internship, alongside his girlfriend, Caitlyn Snow and best friend, Jason Rusch.
S.T.A.R. Labs continues to work on the F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. project, lead by Nobel prize winning physicist, Dr. Martin Stein, but when they finally activate the reactor, it malfunctions and S.T.A.R. Labs is evacuated. As soon as he makes sure Caitlyn and Jason are out safe, Ronnie rushes to help Dr. Stein, but the reactor explodes, unleashing a massive wave of nuclear, seemingly desinigrating Dr. Stein and demolishing the lab.
A few months later, Ronnie wakes up in the hospital to Martin Stein's voice, but only Doctors standing over him. When one of the doctors asks if he remembers his name, he responds: "Martin Stein", but quickly corrects himself. The doctors try to stop him, but he walks out and sees Felicity, Caitlyn, and Jason and tells them he wants to go home. He suddenly tells Caitlyn that he just heard Dr. Stein, but she tells him that Dr. Stein died in the explosion. At his house, as Felicity leaves the room, Ronnie hears Dr. Stein again, and suddenly his hands and hair begin steaming. He stumbles out of the house to his car and leaves, as Caitlyn and Jason follow him. When they stop they see Ronnie staring at a woman inside a house and he tells her that he can hear and feel Stein. Caitlyn tries to stop him, but he walks into her house and reveals her to be Clarrisa Stein, Dr. Stein's wife, and tells her that he's her husband and tells her personal things between her to convince her.
Jason and Caitlyn take Stein, inside of Ronnie's body, to the old S.T.A.R. Labs, where he explains the the F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. Matrix must have merged them together, with Ronnie's body and Stein's mind, due to Ronnie being stronger and Stein being smarter. They then begin working on a device to seperate them. Caitlyn asks to talk to Ronnie, but Dr. Stein says that it doesn't work that way. When they finish the device, they use it and Ronnie and Stein are seperated and they both go their seperate ways
Meanwhile at the hospital, another scientist, Henry Hewitt wakes up after being injured in the explosion.
The next day, Ronnie returns to School hoping his life will go back to normal, but he still begins hearing Stein and begins feeling weaker. At his house, Stein also begins feeling weaker, when suddenly Ronnie arrives and they remerge. Back in Ronnie's body, Stein tells Caitlyn and Jason that the bond between he and Ronnie hasn't been broken and they reconfigure the Tachion device to reseperate them, but when they do Stein says that need to remerge every once and a while. While merged, the two begin learning how to control the power of the F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. Matrix, inluding flying and generating beams of nuclear energy.
Meanwhile, Henry Hewitt returns to his own lab in the basement of his home and begins searching for blueprints. He loses his temper and his eyes glow red as a beam of energy shoots from his hand. Angry, he assumes that Dr. Stein stole it, saying he was always jealous of his genius.
That night, Stein speaks at a press conference about his recent return, when Henry Hewitt arrives and threatens Stein for the blueprints, but he tells him that he doesn't have them and Hewitt blasts his shoulder. Elsewhere, Ronnie is spending time with Caitlyn, when suddenly his arm begins hurting and realizes Stein is in trouble. Meanwhile, Stein continues to avoid Hewitt. When Ronnie arrives, they use the Tachion device to successfully merge, this time, with Ronnie in control of his own body, and Stein acting as a guiding consciouns in his head. After a short battle with Hewitt, he flees.
Ronnie and Stein meet with Jason and Caitlyn at S.T.A.R. Labs, where a videotape shows footage of Hewitt being effected by the F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. matrix. Suddenly, Felicity arrives, as she had recognized Ronnie's face on the news and he explains to her what happened and why Hewitt is after Stein. Then she gets on the computer and hacks into Hewitt's computer to see the blueprints, much to Ronnie's surprise and she assures that she has a few skills of her own. Suddenly they hear a newsreport about Hewitt attacking a power station, so they set a trap, while Ronnie and Stein merge, now wearing a S.T.A.R. Labs safety suit, redesigned by Jason, who thinks of a name for them, Firestorm, and calls Hewitt, Tokamak.
Firestorm flies to the power station to confront Tokamak, who is stealing electromagnetic energy to power himself. They begin battling, as Tokamak grows stronger and stronger. After a long fight, Firestorm flies away as Tokamak follows. They lure him to S.T.A.R. Labs, where Tokamak continues to steal the energy, as he follows Firestorm inside, where Caitlyn activates a device that traps Tokamak in anti-magnetic rings of energy repelling his energy and defeating him.
The film ends with images of Ronnie and Caitlyn, and Martin and Clarrisa, as Firestorm continues to learn of their abilities, including manipulation of atomic structure, and Stein starting a job as a chemistry professor at Ronnie's High School.
In the mid-credits, Felicity continues to look through Hewitt's computer files and comes across a file, labeled H.I.V.E.