The owner of this page is Drew Gars. According to policy, no other user, with the exception of admins, may edit this page without the owner's permission. If they do, they will receive an automatic 3 month block. If you are the Owner, and someone edits your page, alert Chris6d immediately.
Digimon: The Duel of BlackWarGreymon is a Japanese-American science fiction fantasy action-adventure film directed by Joseph Kosinski and written and produced by Drew Gars. This is a sequel to Digimon: A New Digitude and the sixth installment of the live action Digimon film series. It stars Dylan Minnette, Ty Sympkins, Joey King, Mason Cook, Hailee Steinfeld, Noah Crawford, Ansel Elgort, Josh Hutcherson, Asa Butterfield, Bella Thorne, Robert Sheehan, Liana Liberato, Charlize Theron, Peter Serafinowicz and Toby Kebbell.
After Ken's defeat, he repents for his evil deeds and joins the Digi-Destined as they fight two evil Digimon named Arukenimon and Mummymon. Arukenimon has a unique power to turn the Control Spires into super-strong, artificial Digimon under her control, but then she creates a renegade Control Spire Digimon who refuses to follow Arukenimon's orders and starts wreaking havoc on the Digital World. To fight this new threat, the gang learns of DNA Digivolution, enabling their Digimon to fuse with each other in pairs for more power.
- Dylan Minnette as Davis Monaghan, The new leader of the DigiDestined.
- Ty Simpkins as T.K. Tanner, an original DigiDestined and is the younger brother of Matt.
- Joey King as Kari Kamden, An original DigiDestined and is the younger sister of Tai.
- Mason Cook as Cody Hill, the youngest in the new DigiDestined.
- Hailee Steinfeld as Michelle "Yolei" Irvine, an energetic new DigiDestined.
- Noah Crawford as Ken Ichabod, a prodigy in sports and academics and a DigiDestined.
- Ansel Elgort as Tyler "Tai" Kamden, He was the leader of the previous DigiDestined and Kari's older brother.
- Josh Hutcherson as Matt Jordans, T.K.'s big brother and a member of the original DigiDestined.
- Asa Butterfield as Korbin "Izzy" Isaacs, a computer expert and a member of the original DigiDestined.
- Bella Thorne as Sora Taylor, Tai's best friend and a member of the original DigiDestined.
- Liana Liberato as Mimi Thatch, a blunt and outspoken teen and a member of the original DigiDestined.
- Robert Sheehan as Joe Kingston, the eldest member of the original DigiDestined.
- Tom Cruise as Thomas Norstein, the former President of the United States and the leader of the DigiDestined.
- Jennifer Garner as Zoe Norstein, Tom's wife and a member of the DigiDestined.
- Halston Sage as June Monaghan, Davis' older sister.
- Josh Hamilton as Patrick Monaghan, Davis and June's father.
- Sarah Clarke as Samantha Monaghan, Davis and June's mother.
- Gerald McRaney as Christopher Hill, Cody's grandfather.
- Maria Dizzia as Felicia Hill, Cody's single mother.
- Elizabeth Reaser as Barbara Irvine, Yolei's mother.
- Victor Webster as Louis Irvine, Yolei's father.
- Dylan Gelula as Christine Irvine, Yolei's older sister.
- Gracie Dzienny as Mona Irvine, Yolei's older sister.
- Calum Worhty as Malcolm Irvine, Yolei's older brother.
- Andy Buckley as Daniel Ichabod, Ken's father.
- Clea DuVall as Kelly Ichabod, Ken's mother.
- Josh Hopkins as Hilton Jordans, the news director for KNSD and Matt and T.K.'s father.
- Kathleen Rose Perkins as Nancy Tanner, Matt and T.K.'s mother and Hilton's ex-wife.
- Sasha Alexander as Katherine Isaacs, Izzy's adopted mother.
- Matt Passmore as Mason Isaacs, Izzy's adopted father.
- J.R. Bourne as Sullivan "Sully" Kamden, Tai and Kari's father and Yudelle's husband.
- Tracy Middendorf as Yudelia "Delia" Kamden, Tai and Kari's mother and Sully's wife.
- Aasif Mandvi as Alvin Chowdhury, the principal of Stockholm High School.
- Chris Kattan as Cal Dabney, the vice principal of Stockholm High School.
- Ari Stidham as Marcus Hamlin,
- Danica McKellar as Naomi Ashley, the mathematics teacher at Stockholm High School.
- Rory Scovel as Todd Morris,
- Vondie Curtis-Hall as TBA,
- Fred Stoller as TBA,
- Billy Gardell as Hank Paddock, the PE teacher at Stockholm High School.
- James Earl as Officer Stu Copeland, the school's security guard.
- Wayne Bastrup as Henry Hill, Cody's deceased father.
- Logan Lerman as Sam Ichabod, Ken's deceased older brother.
- Anne Hathaway as Mysterious Woman, an unknown woman that Thomas Norstein may know from his past.
Voice Cast and Motion Capture
- Derek Stephen Price voices Veemon, Davis' Digimon partner.
- Derek Stephen Price also voices DemiVeemon is Veemon's In-Training form.
- Derek Stephen Price also voices ExVeemon, Veemon's champion form.
- Derek Stephen Price also voices Paildramon, an Ultimate-level Digimon who is the DNA digivolved form of ExVeemon and Stingmon.
- Steve Blum voices Flamedramon, one of Veemon's Armored digivolved forms.
- Steve Blum also voices Raidramon, one of Veemon's Armored digivolved forms.
- - Doug Jones as Flamedramon (motion capture)
- Robert Axelrod voices Armadillomon, Cody's Digimon partner.
- Robert Axelrod also voices Ankylomon, Armadillomon's champion form.
- Robert Axelrod also voices Shakkoumon, an Ultimate-level Mutant Digimon DNA-digivolved from Angemon and Ankylomon.
- Tara Strong voices Upamon, the In-Training form of Armadillomon.
- Tom Fahn voices Digmon, one of Armadillomon's Armored digivolved forms.
- Tom Fahn also voices Submarimon, one of Armored digivolved forms.
- Neil Kaplan voices Hawkmon, Yolei's Digimon partner.
- - Monique Ganderton as Silphymon (costumed performance)
- Tara Strong voices Poromon, Hawkmon's In-Training form.
- Neil Kaplan also voices Halsemon, one of Hawkmon's Armored digivolved forms.
- Neil Kaplan also voices Shurimon, one of Hawkmon's Armored digivolved forms.
- Laura Summer voices Patamon, T.K.'s Digimon partner.
- Daniel Cudmore as Angemon, Patamon's Champion form.
- Dave Mallow voices Shakkoumon, an Ultimate-level Mutant Digimon DNA-digivolved from Angemon and Ankylomon.
- Dave Mallow also voices Pegasus, Patamon's Armored digivolved form.
- Edie Birman voices Gatomon, Kari's Digimon partner.
- Edie Birman also voices Nefertimon, Gatomon's Armored digivolved form.
- Edie Birman also voices Silphymon, an Ultimate level Digimon who is the DNA Digivolved form of Aquilamon and Gatomon.
- Paul St. Peter voices Wormmon, Ken's Digimon partner.
- Tom Fahn voices Agumon, Tai's Digimon partner.
- Michael Lindsey voices Greymon, Agumon's Champion form.
- Joesph Pilato voices MetalGreymon, Agumon's Ultimate form.
- Kirk Thornton voices Gabumon, Matt's Digimon partner.
- Garurumon, Gabumon's Champion form.
- Tifanie Christunn voices Biyomon, Sora's Digimon partner.
- Melodee Spevack voices Birdramon, Biyomon's Champion form.
- Jeff Nimoy voices Tentomon, Izzy's Digimon partner.
- Kabuterimon, Tentomon's Champion form.
- Anna Garduno voices Palmon, Mimi's Digimon partner.
- Mari Devon voices Togemon, Palmon's Champion form.
- R. Martin Klein voices Gomamon, Joe's Digimon parnter.
- Ikkakumon, Gomamon's Champion form.
- Toby Kebbell as BlackWarGreymon (motion capture and voice performance), a Mega Level Virus Digimon who is created by Arukenimon's Spirit Needle attack, and 100 Control Spires. But after he easily defeated the DigiDestined, BlackWarGreymon refused to obey Arukenimon nor Mummymon's orders. BlackWarGreymon's first goal was to find a powerful adversary, then his second goal was to destroy the Destiny Stones in order to find out his true nature. He is the titular main antagonist of the film.
- Charlize Theron as Arukenimon, a Digimon/human hybrid and the true main antagonist of the film.
- Peter Serafinowicz as Mummymon, Arukenimon's right-handed partner who is not very bright. He is the secondary antagonist in the film.
- Michael Gambon voices Azulongmon, a Holy Dragon digimon.
- Manu Bennett as Andromon
- Frank Welker as various digimon voices
- Tom Kenny as various digimon voices
- Tara Strong as various digimon voices
Industrial Light & Magic was chosen to create the visual effects for the first film and the second film. Hongo and Gars hired Oscar winners John Knoll and Hal T. Hickel, both known for their work on the Star Wars prequel trilogy and the Pirates of the Caribbean films. Legacy Effects was hired to do the special and practical effects on the film. Shane Mahan, known for creating the armored suits for Iron Man, was hired on as effects supervisor. John Rosengrant was also brought in for his work on Real Steel. Oscar winner Clay Pinney, known for his work on Independence Day and Star Trek, was also brought on board. Hybride Technologies, a division of Ubisoft, and Rodeo FX also contributed to the visual effects music: hero by skrillet and digimon theme song. Some of the practical creature effect were provided by Jim Henson's Creature Shop.
- The running time is 165 minutes.
- The film is rated PG-13 for action violence and language.
- The film is distributed by Universal Pictures and Legendary Pictures, while being produced by Saban Films and Toei Company.