Dark Pit (ブラックピット, Black Pit) is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. After initially being teased before release via Palutena's reveal trailer in Super Smash Bros. 4, Dark Pit was officially revealed by the official Super Smash Bros. website on October 9th, 2014, alongside Dr. Mario. He is a moveset clone of Pit and, like Dr. Mario and Lucina, Dark Pit was originally intended to be an alternate costume before being split off into his own character. In regard to Dark Pit, the reason for this was due to the oddity of him wielding the Three Sacred Treasures and the Electroshock Arm being already modeled.
Pit's mysterious, black-clad doppelgänger, Dark Pit. (Some call him Pittoo, but he really doesn't like that.) When he first appears, he immediately goes after both Pit and the Underworld Army. In Smash Bros., he uses moves a lot like Pit's, though both his bow and his Sacred Treasures are different.
- Upon getting K.O.ed, Dark Pit may utter "It's not over...!" ("まだ終わらんぞ....!", It's not over yet....!), a reference to his line upon being defeated by Pit during his boss fight in Chapter 6 of Kid Icarus: Uprising.
- Both Pit and Dark Pit, akin to the former in Brawl, have some of their moves not applying to their bow being split apart or put together. The moves that fit this are their down tilt, dash attack, up special, down taunts (despite both of them being different), rolls and sidestep (only if the latter two are done at the frame before their shielding animation properly occurs).
- Dark Pit is the only full clone to not have a corresponding cloned Final Smash, though his Final Smash is a clone of Zelda and Sheik's Light Arrow.
- Dark Pit's crowd chant is a repeated chant of "Pittoo, Pittoo, Pittoo" or "Burapi! Burapi!", depending on the international or Japanese release. In either case, Dark Pit's chant is the only one not to contain the fighter's actual name. Both of the nicknames are given to him by Palutena in Kid Icarus: Uprising (again, depending on the international or Japanese version), and are often used by her and other characters, much to Dark Pit's chagrin.
- On page 34 of the Prima Strategy Guide for Super Smash Bros. 4, Dark Pit's up special, Power of Flight, is instead called Pandora Wings. This is a reference to how Dark Pit got his infinite flight for the majority of Kid Icarus: Uprising.
- However, after chapter 22, Dark Pit lost his infinite flight after Pandora used it to resurrect herself, resulting in Viridi granting him the ability. This is reflected in Smash 4, as Dark Pit's wings glow green when he uses Power of Flight.
- Other than the DLC fighters, Dark Pit and Duck Hunt are the only two newcomers not to appear in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U's opening movie.
- One of Pit's alternate costumes in Brawl served as a basis for Dark Pit's creation in Kid Icarus: Uprising. This technically makes him the first Smash character to appear as an alternate color and then appear as a fully-fledged character.
- In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Dark Pit's bow will not stay in his free hand properly while using his pummel due to a modelling error/glitch.
- Dark Pit is the only newcomer to not have a reveal trailer.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch characters
|List of Characters|
|AiAi · Bayonetta · Bowser · Bowser Jr. · Captain Falcon · Charizard · Cloud · Corrin · Crash · Daisy · Dark Pit · Diddy Kong · Dixie Kong · Donkey Kong · Donkey Kong Jr. · Dr. Mario · Duck Hunt · Elsa · Falco · Fox · Ganondorf · Goku · Greninja · Ice Climbers · Ike · Inkling · Inuyasha · Jigglypuff · Justice · King Dedede · Kirby · Lana · Link · Little Mac · Lucario · Lucas · Lucina · Luigi · Marina · Mario · Marth · Mega Man · Meta Knight · Mewtwo · Mii Fighter (Brawler · Gunner · Swordfighter) · Mr. Game & Watch · Naruto · Ness · Olimar · Pac-Man · Palutena · Peach · Pichu · Pikachu · Pit · Pokémon Trainer · R.O.B. · Ralph · Reimu · Robin · Rosalina & Luma · Roy · Ryu · Sakura · Samus · Scott Pilgrim · Sheik · Shulk · Snake · Sonic · SpongeBob · Toon Link · Villager · Wario · Wii Fit Trainer · Wolf · Yoshi · Young Link · Zelda · Zero Suit Samus|