|“||The Leader of the X-Men has returned to join the full roster! Beware of his laser shooting optic blasts!||„|
|~ Character description|
Cyclops is a playable character in the crossover fighting video game, Marvel vs. Capcom: Armageddon. His return to this game was officially announced in the E3 trailer on August 16, 2019. Cyclops is classified as Marvel fighter #4.
Voice actor Scott Porter (who also serves as the voice actor for Winter Soldier) provides the role for Cyclops in this fighting game.
How to Unlock
This character is available at the start.
To be added...
- Optic Blast: Shoots out a VERY fast beam from Cyclops' eyes. The Hard Punch version angles upwards to catch characters who jump in, while Light Punch is done from a crouching position. When done in the air, the Optic Blast shoots straight across the screen regardless of the button the player uses. In X-Men: Children of the Atom, X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, his Medium Punch version fires in a standing position with his backside pose.
- The LP Optic Blast is Cyclops' assist attack in Marvel vs. Capcom. The Optic Blast is fast, hits up to three times and can cancel projectiles, but it has low damage output. It can be used a total of seven times.
- Optic Sweep: Cyclops shoots out a beam aimed at the ground, but this can be blocked either high or low.
- Beam Throw: Grabs his enemy and shoots them into the air propelled by a beam from Cyclops' eyes. As they're coming down the player can jump up to Air Combo his/her opponent.
- Gene Splice: Essentially a Dragon Punch, but mashing the punch buttons will juggle the other fighter for more hits and damage.
- Cyclone Kick: A Tatsumaki Senpukyaku-like move. It makes the player do a quick hop kick and then spin around for a sweep attack, but both hits can still be blocked high.
- Raising Neck Breaker Drop: This is a command grab that's unblockable. Cyclops winds up and then starts running at the other player — if he's hit at any point during this time the move will not come out. If he connects though he'll tackle his enemy and slam them into the ground. There's a decided delay when Cyclops is doing his wind up, so the player really have to catch his/her opponent off guard to hit with this, so the player won't be able to use it all of the time, but it's still handy against someone who's being overly defensive. The range on this is roughly the same as the Rapid Punch, the player need to be a couple steps in from full-screen's distance.
- Rapid Punch: Executing this makes the player lunge forward and attack his/her enemy with a couple of punches. The player needs to mash on the Punch or Kick buttons to get additional hits. This won't connect from a full-screen's distance, but if the player takes a couple of steps closer, it should connect.
- Mega Optic Blast (Level 1): Blasts a huge beam at the opponent, covering a good amount of area. More damage can be added by mashing the attack buttons. Can be done in the air.
- Super Optic Blast (Level 1): Similar to his Mega Optic Blast, except the beam is much narrower and the trajectory of the beam can be controlled by moving the control stick/pad. This beam can be bounced off of the floor. More damage can be added mashing the attack buttons. Can be done in the air.
Character Unlock Tree
Cyclops' Arcade Mode unlock tree (shared with Omega Red and Captain America) includes the following characters in order:
- Tron & Servbot
- Nemesis T-Type
- Jon Talbain
Marvel vs. Capcom: Armageddon characters
|List of Returning Characters (Marvel)|
|Black Panther · Black Widow · Blackheart · Cable · Captain America · Captain Marvel · Colossus · Cyclops · Deadpool · Doctor Doom · Doctor Strange · Dormammu · Gambit · Gamora · Ghost Rider · Hawkeye · Hulk · Iceman · Iron Fist · Iron Man · Juggernaut · M.O.D.O.K. · Magneto · Marrow · Nova · Omega Red · Phoenix · Psylocke · Rocket Raccoon · Rogue · Sabretooth · Sentinel · She-Hulk · Shuma-Gorath · Silver Samurai · Spider-Man · Spiral · Storm · Super-Skrull · Taskmaster · Thanos · Thor · Ultron · Venom · War Machine · Winter Soldier · Wolverine · X-23|
|List of Newcomers (Marvel)|
|Daredevil · Drax · Doctor Octopus · Elektra · Emma Frost · Falcon · Green Goblin · Human Torch · Moon Knight · Ms. Marvel · Quicksilver|
|List of Returning Characters (Capcom)|
|Akuma · Amaterasu · Amingo · Anakaris · Arthur · Baby Bonnie Hood · Cammy · Captain Commando · Charlie · Chris · Chun-Li · Crimson Viper · Dan · Dante · Dhalsim · Felicia · Firebrand · Frank West · Guile · Haggar · Hayato · Hsien-Ko · Jedah · Jill · Jin · Ken · M. Bison · Mega Man · Monster Hunter · Morrigan · Nemesis T-Type · Phoenix Wright · Roll · Ruby Heart · Ryu · Sakura · Sigma · SonSon · Spencer · Strider Hiryu · Trish · Tron & Servbot · Vergil · Viewtiful Joe · Wesker · X · Zangief · Zero|
|List of Newcomers (Capcom)|
|Alex · Batsu · Demitri · Donovan & Anita · Ingrid · Jon Talbain · June · Juri · Leon · Saki · Sōki|
|Abyss · Apocalypse · Galactus · Mar-Com Corruptor · Mii Fighter (Mii Brawler · Mii Gunner · Mii Swordfighter) · Onslaught · Rathalos · Ultron Sigma · Yami · Yellow Devil|