Corrin (カムイ, Kamui) is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. In Super Smash Bros. 4, he was announced alongside Bayonetta during the Super Smash Bros. - Final Video Presentation on December 15th, 2015, and both released on February 3rd, 2016. Like the Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Robin and Inkling, players can select either male and female variants of Corrin as in Fire Emblem Fates. In the Japanese version, the male and female Corrins are voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki and Satomi Satō, respectively. In the English version, the male and female Corrins are voiced by Cam Clarke and Marcella Lentz-Pope, respectively.
Corrin joins the battle from Fire Emblem Fates. Born in Hoshido but kidnapped by Nohr at a young age, Corrin was brought up by Nohrian royalty. Descended from the First Dragons, Corrin has the power to transform into a dragon. In Smash, Corrin can change parts of the body into lance-like hands and feet that have a long reach that deal more damage at the tips.
- Corrin is the newest character to be introduced as playable in Super Smash Bros. 4, with Fire Emblem Fates post-dating SSB4's release by nine months in Japan and sixteen months in North America.
- Corrin almost didn't make it into Smash 4, as Sakurai had thought there were already too many Fire Emblem characters in the game. However, the team convinced him that Corrin would be a unique addition to the roster, so Sakurai allowed him to be playable.
- Corrin and Roy are the only DLC characters from the same universe.
- Corrin is the only DLC newcomer that does not come packed with a stage, although downloading him on Super Smash Bros. for Wii U adds the the original version and rearrangement of the song Lost In Thoughts All Alone from Fire Emblem Fates to the existing Fire Emblem stages Castle Siege and Coliseum. The remix is also added in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS as a Smash Run track. Additionally, trophies of Ryoma and Xander are added to the 3DS version.
- Corrin is the only DLC newcomer to not be a third party character.
- Corrin is the only Fire Emblem character:
- With a multi-hitting dash attack and multi-hitting stall-then-fall down aerial.
- Who doesn't visibly use warp magic for their on-screen appearance.
- Who has a different name for his counterattack in both English and Japanese, as well as the only counterattack that is written in kanji, and that does not involve direct usage of his weapon.
- Whose special moves and Final Smash are all written in kanji in the Japanese version, as opposed to a few of the mentioned moves or ones instead written in katakana.
- Corrin, along with Bowser, Bowser Jr., Yoshi, Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Little Mac, Young Link, Ganondorf, Charizard, Lucario, Mewtwo, Pac-Man, Sonic, Justice and SpongeBob are the only characters who transform during their Final Smash. Inkling, Sakura and Goku transform from one of their special moves.
- Corrin also transforms from one of the special moves, throws and win poses.
- Corrin's idle pose is based on his idle pose during battle in Fire Emblem Fates, albeit in Super Smash Bros. 4 his sword is angled more downward and his right foot is slightly lifted. Humorously, he also keeps this pose when paralyzed.
- Corrin is the only character in SSB4 with matching Alt. trophies in both versions of the game.
- Corrin is one of the five characters who wears the same costume for their Alt. trophies in both the Wii U and 3DS versions, with the others being Robin, Bowser Jr., Cloud, and Bayonetta.
- Corrin is one of the five characters to use different sound clips when using battering items, with the others being Roy, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta, who also all happen to be DLC characters.
- Corrin's alternate blast line KO clip of "How...can this...?" is a reference to his quote when defeated by an enemy in Fire Emblem Fates. This is also the 2nd longest blast line KO clip in the game (behind Ganondorf's main KO clip), lasting roughly a full second after the KO. If Corrin respawns, he will do so before the clip has finished playing. This is more noticeable with Female Corrin.
- Female Corrin also has a unique voiceline for teching, as she lets out a very noticeable "No!".
- Both Corrin voices have clips for taking high knockback which go unused in normal gameplay, as both Corrins are always silent when being launched a far distance. These clips can only be heard in the Sound Test.
- Corrin is the only playable character who does not possess a single move that can jab lock under normal circumstances.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch characters
|List of Characters|
|AiAi · Bayonetta · Bowser · Bowser Jr. · Captain Falcon · Charizard · Cloud · Corrin · Crash · Daisy · Dark Pit · Diddy Kong · Dixie Kong · Donkey Kong · Donkey Kong Jr. · Dr. Mario · Duck Hunt · Elsa · Falco · Fox · Ganondorf · Goku · Greninja · Ice Climbers · Ike · Inkling · Inuyasha · Jigglypuff · Justice · King Dedede · Kirby · Lana · Link · Little Mac · Lucario · Lucas · Lucina · Luigi · Marina · Mario · Marth · Mega Man · Meta Knight · Mewtwo · Mii Fighter (Brawler · Gunner · Swordfighter) · Mr. Game & Watch · Naruto · Ness · Olimar · Pac-Man · Palutena · Peach · Pichu · Pikachu · Pit · Pokémon Trainer · R.O.B. · Ralph · Reimu · Robin · Rosalina & Luma · Roy · Ryu · Sakura · Samus · Scott Pilgrim · Sheik · Shulk · Snake · Sonic · SpongeBob · Toon Link · Villager · Wario · Wii Fit Trainer · Wolf · Yoshi · Young Link · Zelda · Zero Suit Samus|