Bram Stoker's Dracula is a 2013 American horror film directed by Guillermo Del Toro and based on Bram Stoker's 1897 novel and a remake of the 1931 Dracula horror film.
Changes from the 1931 film
- The film will begin in 1462 with Count Vlad Radulus Dracula III the Impaler who lived in Transylvania in his mansion and he was a member of the Order of the Dragon. He met a beautiful woman named Lady Jane Wetherby who was also a member of the Order of the Dragon and she was in love with him and asked for his love from him but he refused and he left her. She got so mad that she secretly killed his brother and Dracula and his father were so mad by grief and Dracula thought that it was the Turks fault that he died because they were invading Transylvania and killing people. And so Dracula joined a war against the Turks and when he returned home from his victory that he won against the Turks, he met and fell in love with a beautiful woman named Illena and she fell in love with him and they started dating and loving each other and they both got married and the jealous Lady Jane was so mad that she captured Illena during her and Dracula's sleep and took her to the Order of the Dragon and lied to them all that she is a witch and that they must burn her and Dracula saw them starting to burn her at the stake and he betrayed the Order of the Dragon by fighting them until they beat him up and killed Illena by burning her at the stake. Dracula was so mad for what just happened to his wife and he was placed in prison by Lady Jane and the Order of the Dragon where he felt sad for a long time. A few months later, Dracula manages to escape and he fought Lady Jane to try to kill her for revenge until suddenly Lady Jane kills him. His father, who was a priest, found his dead body and mourned over him and then he thought of an idea to bring him back from the dead. His father heard a story that if someone died, than another person may bring him back from the dead by using the blood from inside God's cross of a chapel to touch the dead person's skin and if the person who gets touched by the blood is alive, then the person dies and if the person who gets touched by the blood is dead, then the person comes back from the dead. And so Dracula's father brings Dracula's dead body to a chapel in Transylvania and he stabbed a sword in the cross of the chapel and blood poured out and he put it in a cup without his skin being touched and he was about to pour the blood on Dracula's skin when he was stopped by the other priests and they didn't want him to do it because if he does it, then Dracula will come back from the dead not as human, butr as a dangerous powerful creature. But Dracula's father didn't listen and he killed the other priests with his sword and he poured the cup of blood on Dracula's face and when the blood touched his face, Dracula came back to life. When he came back to life, his father smiled and he was happy that his son was back from the dead. But when he saw Dracula's face, he was terrified because he saw that Dracula was a vampire and as Dracula looked down at his father, he attacked him until he killed him and he prayed to God that he will avenge Illena's death and kill Lady Jane and make the reincarnation of Illena as his vampire bride and they will rule the earth as vampires and Dracula has lived as a vampire for over 400 years and that is it for the prologue.
- There will be a new character who is a woman named Lady Jane Wetherby who was originally a member of the Order of the Dragon and she has romantic feelings for Dracula.
- Professor Abraham Van Helsing's name will be changed to Proffessor Gabriel Van Helsing instead and he will be a 52-year-old man who will be a really smart man and a really great sword fighter.
- There will be a new scene after the prologue when Lord Arthur Holmwood is hanging out with Lucy Westenra at a pond and they chat and Lord Arthur reads to Lucy a book of love poetry and he asks her to marry him and she accepts it.
- Lord Arthur Holmwood and Quincey Morris will appear.
- Dr. John Steward's name will be changed to Dr. Jack Steward.
- Dr. Jack Steward will not have romantic feelings for Lucy Westenra. It will be just Lord Arthur Holmwood and Quincey Morris who have romantic feelings for her.
- After the scene when Lucy Westenra agreed to marry Lord Arthur Holmwood, there will be a scene when Lucy is telling Mina Murray and Jonathan Harker about her plans to marry Lord Arthur Holmwood and she invites them over to the wedding.
- Quincey Morris and Lord Arthur Holmwood won't be friends. Instead they both hate each other and are both rivals for Lucy Westenra. Quincey Morris insn't friends with Dr. Jack Steward either because they don't know each other. Just Lord Arthur Holmwood knows Dr. Jack Steward and is friends with him.
- After the scene when Lucy Westenra invites Mina Murray and Jonathan Harker to her wedding with Lord Arthur Holmwood, Lord Holmwood meets up with Dr. Jack Steward and tells him the news about his planned wedding with Lucy and he invited him over to the wedding and then he will meet up with Quincey Morris and he tells him that Lucy chose to marry him and Quincey felt jealous and he lied that he understood but he really still wanted to marry Lucy.
- After that scene they will show us Jonathan at work with Mr. Hawkins and Lady Jane Wetherby (the woman who had romantic feelings for Count Dracula in a disguise as Mr. Hawkin's assistant) and they all catch R.M. Renfield (another lawyer) acting insane by eating a bird and he keeps on saying that his master will be coming and he attacks Jonathan and Mr. Hawkins when he sees them until they knock him out and take him to the insane asylum where Dr. Jack Steward works at.
- After that scene, Lord Arthur Holmwood goes to his house and finds his father catching a really bad disease that is killing him and he calls the doctors and they try to cure his father but they were too late and he dies and the doctors tell Lord Arthur Holmwood about the disease that killed his father is called syphilis and it is the same disease that killed his mother after childbirth and has infected Lord Arthur Holmwood at childbirth but still lives. After Lord Arthur Holmwood hears this, he is worried and wants to be cured so it wouldn't kill Lucy Westenra during their sex. And so he contacts the occult group called the Brotherhood led by a man named Singleton, who he made a deal with that they can clean his polluted blood when someone that they work for moves in England from Transylvania.
- After that scene, there will be a new scene in Amsterdam when Professor Gabriel Van Helsing is reading about vampires and the life of Count Vlad Radulus Dracula III the Impaler and he is curious if he is still alive since the biography tells him that no one knoes what happened to him after he was found missing from prison and was presumed dead.
- After that scene they will show us Count Dracula as an old vampire (but not showing us his face) looking at a map of England and he points to the part of England where Lady Jane Wetherby is in and he whispers to himself, "There you are, Lady Jane."
- After that scene they will show us Jonathan in London at work with Mr. Hawkins talking to him telling him that Jonathan is now ready to be a newly qualified solicitor and he hired him buy a house in London for Renfield's client who lives in Transylvania named Alexander Grayson (really Count Dracula) since Renfield has gone insane and is in the insane asylum and Lady Jane was eavesdropping on them and figured out that it is Count Dracula still alive and he is coming to London for revenge.
- After that scene they will show us Dr. Jack Steward catching Proffessor Gabriel Van Helsing sword fighting with a manikin and he says goodbye to Van Helsing and he goes off to the engagement party of Lord Arthur Holmwood and Lucy Westenra.
- Mina Murray will not be Dr. Jack Steward;s daughter.
- After the scene when Dr. Jack Steward goes off to the engagement party, they will show us the engagement party of Lord Arthur Holmwood and Lucy Westenra and Dr. Jack Steward is there and Jonathan Harker is there and so is Mina Murray.
- Javier Bardem as Count Dracula/Count Vlad Radulus Dracula III the Impaler
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.