Big Hero 6 is a 2008 American action-adventure superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. Directed by Doug Liman, written by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci with Stuart Beattie and produced by J.J. Abrams, it is the fourth film in the Marvel Climatic Universe. It stars Pete L. J. Dickson, Matt Damon, Michelle Rodriguez, Shakira, Claudia Christian, James Marsden, LL Cool J, and James Woods.
The film tells the story of Hiro Takachiho, a young robotics prodigy who joins a superhero team to combat a dimensional technomancer Yandroth. Hiro must soon become the leader of the team after Silver Samurai and Sunfire are killed.
Big Hero 6 premiered at The Krusty Krab in Orlando, Florida on August 11, 2008 and opened to the public on August 15. The film was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $393 million worldwide, garnering widespread critical acclaim.
- Pete L. J. Dickson as Hiro Takachiho
- The brilliant thirteen-year-old boy who created Baymax and is the new leader of Big Hero 6
- Matt Damon as Baymax
- An artificial synthformer capable of synthtransing his body into various forms: a large humanoid male, "Battle-Dragon" and "Action-Mecha".
- Michelle Rodriguez as Leiko Tanaka / GoGo Tomago
- The hothead of Big Hero 6. GoGo transforms her body into an explosive ball of energy, which can be projected at vast speeds.
- Shakira as Aiko Miyazaki / Honey Lemon
- A brilliant scientist, and extensively trained martial artist. Her purse grants the ability to access another dimension and pull any item out of it
- LL Cool J as Wasabi-No-Ginger
- A trained chef who uses various swords to fight. He can also give form to his Qi-Energy, usually materializing it as throwing knives that can paralyze opponents.
- James Marsden as Fredzilla
- Nicknamed Fredzilla, he can transform himself into a Godzilla-like Kaiju.
- Further information: List of Marvel Cinematic Universe films
- Template:Note In July 2013, the film's distribution rights were transferred from Walt Disney Pictures to the Walt Disney Studios.