Avengers: Disassembled is a 2019 American Superhero Epic film written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely based on the comic of the same name by Jack Kirby & Jim Starlin. It is the fourth and final instalment of the Avengers film series and the twenty second entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
It is directed by Anthony Russo & Joe Russo and stars Robert Downey Jr., Karen Gillan, Brie Larson, Charlie Cox, Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson, Krysten Ritter, Mike Colter, Chris Hemsworth, Hugh Jackman, Josh Brolin and Joel Edgerton.
Released theatrically and in IMAX theatre wide release on May 3, 2019 to resounding box office and critical success.
Following Thanos' successful genocide Nick Fury along with agent Maria Hill assembles a final assault team of remaining heroes: headed by Tony Stark and Steve Rogers to be piloted by NASA scientist Reed Richards to Solar, the planet Thanos has retreated to. The team consists also of Richards' super-powered quadrant the Fantastic Four, Thor Black Widow, remaining guardians Nebula and Rocket, Scott Lang/Ant-Man, Hope van Dyne/Wasp and the Defenders: Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
Thor is disabled by Thanos' remaining two children Baron Karza and Dheilius Shreck. After gaining the upper hand as Thanos partially surrenders himself still overcome in his grief over Gamora, Nebula and Iron Man's man beating of him leads him to destroy himself on the promise that with his death there will no chance of reversal.
His soul comes before a female like cosmic entity claiming to be Death that offers him the chance at the ultimate paradise alongside the daughter and genuine balanced soul he had always desired to rule beside, showing a projection of his own upbringing that had led to him to her and forming the connection that he had. She warns however that a rival of hers will come to claim the gauntlet and stones that her and her siblings of the universe's conception had harnessed and hidden. With this a powerful alien warlord Kang appears with his army which massacres Thanos' remaining army on Solar including Karza, Shreck and the pet parasite Consumption.
Tony attempts to strike a secret deal with Kang for the reversal of Thanos' genocide with Kang and sparing of Earth, in return for the destruction of many more sentient planets in the universe. A spying Rocket and Steve intervene on the situation and Kang shakes on the deal, creating a divide in the Earth's ocean, his initial generals the 'Masters of Evil' are killed by an enraged Rocket and Nebula. In the destruction of the S.H.I.E.L.D. subs Wasp dies by drowning and Nick Fury sacrifices himself in an explosion as contact Carol Danvers arrives by jet to rescue the others. Rocket and Nebula separate taking a Chitauri craft.
The skies are barred by Thanos who makes his return and is fended off by an assisting hero Cloud 9. The group are struck down and Tony's pacemaker is greatly affected in the damage. They are then met by mutants Wolverine and Storm who prepare to bring them across the Saharan Desert to their pick-up point, themselves after being dispatched were attacked by Kang's initial generals. In the night Kang corrupting the stones lays waste to an entire village and utilising Thanos' recurring philosophy spares a runaway Moonstone and her friend Melissa, empowering her and marking them both the first of his new Masters of Evil.
Vulnerable in this process Thanos attacks and gains the upper hand, though is warded off despite his Death ability reinforcements by Moonstone and Mel/Screaming Mimi. Thor arrives with the Hulk and a showdown escalates resulting in Thor with stormbreaker finally killing Thanos, though to prevent his resurrection by Death entering her dimension leaving Bruce to try and reason with Moonstone to not follow Kang.
In a flash Kang has them transported to the location of the others and with Screaming Mimi they are able to kill Agent Hill, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Cloud 9. The massacre ends as Ghost Rider arrives with S.H.I.E.L.D. reinforcements including Sharon Carter.
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil
- Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones
- Mike Colter as Luke Cage
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/Hulk
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America
- Josh Brolin as Thanos
- Joel Edgerton as Kang The Conqueror
- Meryl Streep as Lady Death
- Finn Jones as Danny Rand/Iron Fist
- Brie Larson as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man
- Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne/Wasp
- Nicholas Braun as Dr. Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic
- Renee Olstead as Susan Storm/Invisible Woman
- Glen Powell as Johnny Storm/Human Torch
- Taron Egerton as Ben Grimm/Thing
- Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine
- Gabriel Luna as Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider
- John Hodgman as M.O.D.O.K./Galactucs (Voice)
- Daniel Bruhl as Baron Helmut Zemo
- Britt Robertson as Moonstone
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
- Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill
Masters of Evil
- Sammi Hanratty as Mel Gold/Screaming Mimi
- Jordi Molla as Paul Duvall/Grey Gargoyle
- Lucy Liu as Tanya Sealy/Black Mamba
- Tanoai Reed as Goliath
- Jack O'Connell as Marcus Daniels/Blackout
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
- Marisa Tomei as May Parker
- Pierce Brosnan as Uncle Ben Parker
- Jacob Batalon as Ned
- Zendaya as Michelle Jones
- Rachel McAdams as Dr. Christine Palmer
- Benedict Wong as Wong
- Tilda Swinton as The Ancient One
- Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa/Black Panther
- Vin Diesel as Elder Groot
- John Kani as T'Chaka
- Danai Gurira as Okoye
- Paul Bettany as Vision/J.A.R.V.I.S.
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
- Evan Peters as Peter Maximoff/Quicksilver
- Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson/Deadpool
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver
- Hugo Weaving as Red Skull
- Seth Green as Howard The Duck
- Dave Bautista as Drax The Destroyer
- Pom Klementieff as Mantis
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki
- Idris Elba as Heimdall (Archive Footage)
- Taika Waititi as Korg