Angels are one of the few races known on Earth and beyond — acting as the personifications of goodness, kindness, austerity, and anything related. They are worshiped in most religions & cults — seen as one of the most divine creatures, sans the gods themselves. It's known that they are subservient to them, acting as their personal servants.
Created by the Lord in the earlier times of creation, being innumerable in number - almost rivaling humanity, and existed during the "Age of Gods" , they're naturally counted as one of the inhabitants of Heaven, acting as its primary militia amongst other things.
- 1 Overview
- 2 History
- 3 Physiology & Habits
- 4 Social Echelon
- 5 "Magics" & Abilities
- 6 Angel Magic
For a long time, Angels are always viewed in a positive light by most of humanity. Heralded as "Messengers of the Divine", they are known to possess powers that make them greater than any other known race — sans the Gods themselves. They are known to be allies of the forces of good, as their mission is to help cull all worlds of evil. They tend to be admired by those of other races, especially by humans — who are considered to be the closest to them in physiology & given habits. It's unknown how they came to be, but it's rumored that they were created by an especially powerful god — said to be the incarnation of light & goodness. However, since most Angels are clueless about their given origins — believing they had always existed, they tend not to look into the matter.
Physiology & Habits
Angel | Heavenly Wings
Angels are known to share the same physiology with Humans, sans a select few. It's rumored that Humans were once born from Angels, but this is still debated as the two races live in separate realms. Despite being humanoid, Angels are like Celestial Spirits; they are spiritual (Seraphim being ethereal) entities that can't normally act with the material plane, with given exceptions & circumstances — most of which are granted by the upper echelon of Heaven.
As depicted in most religions and cults, Angels are beings known to possess white avian wings on their backs and halos above their heads; like humans, each one is unique and share no given similarites. However, Angels in certain rankings can take on a different form — which, ironically, also falls in-line with human beliefs. Because of their status as an immortal race, Angels aren't dependent on consumption as with Humans and other races. However, they can eat food like everyone else. An Angel's food preference, if ever consumed, is usually something sweet; this is due to their beliefs that sweets have the most heightened sense of flavor out of all foods. Something typical of a divine race, they don't have normal bodily functions — thus no need to use the bathroom or sweat. However, they are still capable of producing tears — as shown when they are saddened. Being creatures of a pure nature, Angels are immune to all forms of diseases and illnesses; some refer to it as being "protected by the heavens".
Something that's considered to be an interesting factor, Angels have two hearts — in comparison to the single one found in Humans and most other species. This serves as a mechanism of sorts; normally one of the hearts is always beating while the other is in a dormant state. But in the case that an Angel dies and their initial heart is destroyed, the second heart activates in response to this and produces chemicals that cause the body to regenerate at a rapid pace — reviving them as a result. However, this form of resurrection can be prevented if both hearts are destroyed simultaneously. It's a known fact that a destroyed heart can be repaired if shreds of it remain. Only those of the Dominion-class & higher can repair it using their extremely powerful light, but this may take some time, going from days to possibly centuries — the factor being how much damage is done to the heart itself.
In nature, Angels are beings that represent the concepts of goodness & purity — they tend to be very stern, yet kind individuals. Though, there are Angels who are free-spirited & happy-go-lucky individuals. Angels are also known to give out blessings to others from various races sans Demons — their natural enemy. This most commonly associated with Humans, who the Angels tend to see as their "brethren". It's said that Angels have intervened many times over the course of human history — helping to guide mankind into a better direction. It's because of this that many religions & cults began worshiping & venerating them as sacred deities. It's said that when a person makes a selfless sacrifice to an Angel, they gain something greater in return. However, that "something" varies from individual — going from great amount of wealth & fortune to inheriting some of an Angel's power. However, this serves as something exclusive to those who are virtuous & pure.
Despite their status as peaceful & loving creatures, Angels can be vicious at times of they feel that their lives are in danger or if their beliefs & customs are being threatened. It's said that it's not wise to anger an Angel, as their wrath is as great as any Demon — something that most of them don't like to admit; this is something they refer to as "showing our sinful side", the one thing they try to avoid at all cost as it would make them lose faith, and possibly instill fear into others — erasing the conception of them being kind & gentle creatures. It's said that an angered Angel has the potential to utterly decimate anything & everything around them including the target of their wrath. In this sense, they are capable of wanton amounts of destruction like any other creature.
Because of the number of years they've existed — outliving most other species by-far sans the gods themselves, Angels gathered much knowledge over their lifetime; this is especially seen in the mid-tier order of Angels, who have known to amass the most amount of knowledge. This makes them one of the wisest beings, being able to give out excellent advice to those who need it & solving problems most don't known the answer. Thus, many from various races tend to look to them for guidance. There have been instances that even the gods themselves have asked Angels for their guidance in one aspect or another.
Culture & Traditions
Relationship with Demons
|“||Angels & Demons.... don't mesh well with one another. Anyone who isn't stupid or oblivious could easily think of the reasons why. Angels are beings representing good & kindness. They do things that help others advance, guiding them on the right path while doing so; they would even help their own kind, either directly or indirectly. Demons, on the other hand, are creatures of evil. They are seen as the personification of evil; they want nothing but the destruction of those around them. They thrive on the suffering of others, even if its one of their own. This is why most of them are lone wolves; they rarely work in groups. Thus, you can think of why they don't like each other's presence. When confronting one another, a fight ALWAYS ensues. They're basically like oil & water.||„|
|~ A mage explaining the typical relationship between an Angel & Demon.|
It's known that Angels are the very representations of the light; this goes down to from their abilities to their personality. Everything that they do or say is for a greater just cause. They are incapable of committing sinful acts unless something inside them compels them to do so, which would lead to their eventual "fall from grace"; to this ends, they ignore their innate desires, placing their duties of guiding and serving others while maintaining the status quo over themselves. They are made to be the administrators of justice and the upholders of faith, which would lead to severely persecute any evil act that's committed. To such an ends, they are known to be at odds with any evil force that lurks within creation, specifically Demons.
Demons are known to be the embodiment of sin and innate desires, two things that Angels abhor greatly; Demons innately seek to spread evil, chaos, strife, and discord throughout creation and the Angels strive to do the opposite. Not only that, since Angels represent the element of light, then Demons represent the element of darkness. Since the two elements constantly clash with one another, yet help keep the balance of creation, it's not surprising that Demons and Angels are constantly at war with each other; this is akin to oil & water, two elements that don't mix well with one another for various reasons. It's said that the two races have a certain instinct that compels them to engage with the other, with the reason for this to be unknown; when the two are within the same vicinity of each other, they automatically seek out the other — a fight ensuing as a result. It's known that since Demons tend to be lone wolves and Angels have excellent teamwork skills, the latter tend to overpower the former. The only exception is if the former is of extreme power. However, there have been known exceptions to this rule, as weaker Demons tend to work in groups to overpower their Angel adversaries. Even then, if the Angel in-question is of considerable power, the result becomes obvious — despite the numbers.
It's known that there have been a few cases where Angels and Demons have worked together, but it was only for survival purposes — trying to fend off a threat greater than themselves or if they are in a very hostile environment and their powers aren't sufficient enough to thrive in it. Even then, that partnership is temporary, as they go back to being mortal enemies as soon as their individual goals are met. In the case of Fallen Angels, since they gave into their desires and "fell" as a result and tempt others (specifically humans) to do the same — seeing it as a form of liberation from the rules and standards that help keep things in order and in their words — "bind a being's true nature and potential", they are treated the same way as a Demon — despite having the same origins as their former brethren. However, even Fallen Angels are still susceptible to the instinct that compels them to fight Demons; this means that there is a three-way dead lock between the three factions. This is something seen throughout various instances in history — especially during times of war, conflict, and hardships. It's known that knowledge of such a relationship is common throughout creation, as there's no one who doesn't know that Angels, Fallen Angels, and Demons don't like each other that much.
It's a known belief that there's a hierarchy amongst the Angel populace, shown by the number of wings that each one possesses. This is seen in the rankings that they've created in order to differentiate themselves from one another. It's also a known fact that because of this that they live in different areas of Empyrean as a result; this is due to the possibility that the powers of a more powerful angel can severely harm or interfere with the power of another of lower-ranking. Each rank is also tasked with a specific duty that helps keep the world of the divine stay in motion. It's stated that an Angel can gain more wings — thus a substantial increase in power, when they perform enough good deeds that are deemed satisfactory in the eyes of their brethren. There are four known orders of Angels, three of which contains two or more rankings.
- Seraphs ; (/ˈsɛr.əf/, "the burning one"; pl. seraphs or seraphim /ˈsɛr.ə.fɪm/, in the King James Version also seraphims (plural); Hebrew: שָׂרָף śārāf, plural שְׂרָפִים śərāfîm; Latin: seraphim and seraphin (plural), also seraphus (-i, m.); Greek: σεραφείμ serapheím Arabic: موشرفن Musharifin):
- Cherubim (/ˈtʃɛrəb/; also pl. cherubim; Hebrew: כְּרוּב kərūv, pl. כְּרוּבִים, kərūvîm; Latin cherub, pl. cherubin, cherubim; Syriac ܟܪܘܒܐ):
- Thrones (Ancient Greek: θρόνος, pl. θρόνοι; Latin: thronus, pl. throni):
- Dominions :
- Virtues :
- Powers (公正の聖権威的, ; Hebrew for "Authority"):
- Principalities :
- Angels (Hebrew for "Messenger/Envoys"):
|“||What? You mean to tell me that there's more classifications of Angels that I don't known about other than rank?"
"Well shit, fuck me... I thought I knew everything about those white-winged good two-shoe bastards."
"To be honest, I feel the same way. It makes it even harder to understand them, let alone deal with them in the near future.
|~ A... typical conversation (sorta) between two Demons regarding their knowledge on the classifications of Angels.|
It's a known fact that there are various rankings of Angels, each one having a specific function that keeps the heavens in motion and helps stabilize the order in the universe, all the while serving the Lord; this is common knowledge that's talked about in various myths and lords and taught in myriad religions and cults. However, what most don't realize is that there are various sub-categories of Angels, each one unique in terms of their position or overall reason for its existence; it's hinted that there are various duties that need to be fulfilled, as it helps maintain the status quo, thus the cause for their eventual creation. These "special classifications" tend to hold unique distinction amongst their kind, holding special powers that the other are unable to possess through natural means; however, some of them are bound to the same rankings as their fellow brethren, thus have a chance to gain power as they accomplish their given tasks. It's due to these "special classifications", that there's more diversity amongst the Angels — making them all the more harder to completely understand.
777 Beasts (転生聖獣鎮護天上界, Sebun Sebun Sebun Bīsuto; lit. "Reincarnated Holy Beasts Guarding the Upper Planes"):
Nephilim ( /ˈnɛfɪˌlɪm/ (Hebrew: נְפִילִים, nefilim):
"Magics" & Abilities
It's a known fact that Angels are considered to be one of the more powerful races due to the various abilities they possess. Their given abilities lean more to the divine, thus being almost comparable to that of a god. It's said that because they are the natural enemy of Demons & other forms of evil, their powers tend to easily cancel out their own. They are one of the few races that has an affinity for the light element — being the very incarnation of it. In fact, they are deemed as the element's most powerful users, as its a natural part of them. They are known to be able to use other forms of magic other than their own, the only exception being the Black Arts — something that goes against their nature entirely.
- Transcended Existential Position: As creatures of a divine nature — born for a sole purpose unlike any other, it's obvious that Angels have a higher standing in the grand scheme of things unlike any other being, sans the Gods themselves; their immense powers are sole proof of this fact, being able to vanquish nearly any foe that they deem to be an enemy with just the simplest of motions. However, such a divine nature cannot be perceived by the common mind, such is filled with various mysteries — nearly all of which can't even be fully fathomed; it's due to this that an Angel, and by extension — its actions, can't normally be perceived by beings lower than them unless they themselves will it to happen. They themselves, and the actions they commit, are quite literally what many refer to as an "act of God". To those lower than it, they are creatures of mere fiction — existing in a realm thought to have been imaginary. While such is regrettable by normal standards — Angels having the innate desire to freely interact with those of various planes of existence, especially in the case of humans, this divide serves to protect order in the universe; should creatures of different standings were to interact with each other freely, there would be much chaos created as there's a extreme difference in power within each plane. It's stated that an Angel's power is naturally potent, thus constant exposure can lead to severe changes to its surroundings — all of which is due to them being on a plane that's considered to be phantasmal yet feared. Like Gods, it's through such a standing that Angels can't normally be sensed through any and all means; only those of its kind or naturally more powerful than can sense their presence, thus deal with them in a proper manner. This holds true for Fallen Angels and other specialized classes of Angels. There have been a few exceptions over the course of history, as some beings garnered the ability to perceive such beings; it's theorized that this may be due to the fact that they were born with an acute sensitivity to the divine. It's such beings that are often recognized by the annals of history, as they were the ones who either fought alongside or against the heavens. As normal races can't sense the Angel's presence, certain ones are able to properly see them — the primary ones being the Demons, an Angel's natural enemy, and Angel-Blessed Humans, who have been chosen to serve the heavens because of the purity in their hearts and keen sense of justice. It's said that when an Angel makes itself known to others, their presentation is always grandeur — even if it wasn't intended, further alluding to their status as divine creatures.
- Shapeshifting: In order to interact with other species, Angels are known to have the ability to shapeshift — transforming themselves entirely; this ability is derived from their position in existence, serving as proof of their immense capabilities. Such a transformation lowers their power considerably, putting them on the same plane as those weaker than itself; this is to ensure that their incredible powers don't affect the realms too much, making it a bit easier to go about their missions without such a burden. It's known that they can transform into and mimic the physiology of any and all creatures, sans beings of a divine nature, whilst gaining knowledge pertaining to said creatures for their usage; this makes it easier for the Angels to blend in with any culture or society without arousing suspicion from the locals. It seems that there's no limit to how long the transformation lasts, as some Angels have disguised themselves as various beings from other races for many years bordering to a millennia — all for the sake of completing the task(s) given to them. It should be noted that it's through this ability that Angels have intervened in various events of other races throughout time without causing trouble for themselves — altering it for better or for worse; such proof is found in the various events of mankind, whom they adore because of their free will and tenacity while being the only mundane race that's closer to them in physiology.
- Enhanced Physiology & Natural Combat Affinity: It's known that Angels are one of the few species that were built for combat, amongst other things. In order to reflect such a fact, their biology is much different than any other species; this makes them one of the most powerful species to exist, rivaling Demons (their sworn adversaries) and possibly Dragons. The only typical exception to this fact are Gods — hailed as the most powerful beings for various, yet obvious reasons. Even a low-class Azrael is much more powerful than an highly experienced S-Class Mage; it's said that when an Angel has reached Seraph-level, they are able to even stand on even grounds with a God — albeit for a short time, a feat in-and-of itself given what such divine beings are capable of. They are able to quickly learn and evolve when engaged in combat — as their body adapts & slowly changes as a result, thus able to overpower any adversary they come across. As fellow magic users, they are able to use any form of magic deem fit, sans those dealing with the Black Arts — which are known to be tainted in nature because of its background; it should be noted that the output is much greater when used by them because Angels are more in-tuned with the energies surrounding them, thus able to manipulate them to their desires. As beings who have various duties to attend to, their physiology prevents them from aging, allows them to instantly recover from any degree of injury inflicted on them (this depends on the degree, as bigger wounds take longer to heal), and makes them immune to all forms of poisons and diseases — the exception being that if Demonic Essence Particles — the substance that's found in nearly all Demons and known to be the bane to magical beings, have some part.
- Immortality: Like Celestial Spirits (and most holy races for that matter), Angels possesses the innate skill of immortality — they don't age and they can't die through normal means. They can't be killed using man-made weaponry or through weak-tier spells & curses. The only way to do so is if they are outside of their given dimension, especially if its a location teeming with evil. In such a case, they can easily be dealt with — as the evil of said area can overpower them & weaken them as a result, making them all the more vulnerable.
- Adveniat Levatio : Somewhat of an automatic function that's innate to their kind, it's derived from their immortality; it serves as a means of preserving their life force should they will it. When an Angel's life is close to extinction, body acts in response to such an extreme threat — activating this technique, pooling their remaining energies to a single point, usually somewhere near their hearts. The energy flows through said area, causing it to magnify and spread throughout the rest of the body at a rapid pace. This causes the Angel to glow immensely — briefly outlining them in a white energy before breaking down their body, transforming it into a myriad points of light stylized in the shape of an angel's feather. As such a form scatters to the far corners, it slowly dissipates from sight; at this point, it reconvenes to highest layer of Empyrean — returning to their original form. However, this part of the process is known to be extremely slow — taking many weeks, if not months to accomplish; this is due to the Angel being healed while re-shaping itself to their previous state. It's said that the greater an Angel's power, the quicker the process; however, it should be noted that the Angel can only heal if that's what they wish. They can forego the technique entirely, thus letting the choosing the time where their service for the heavens end; in exchange, their bodies go through the metamorphosis that will eventually lead it becoming a fetus-like entity, usable through the powers of Angel Magic. This technique is only available to pure breed Angels who haven't fallen from grace; Fallen Angels lose such a valuable ability due to them no longer allied with the heavens, thus doomed to their eventual fate. It's one of the two things unusable by Angel-Blessed or beings having some relation to the Angels.
- Sanctus Lumine (天辺罰覿面, Sankutasu Rumine; Latin for "Holy Illumination", Japanese for "Divine Judgment from the Highest Heavens"): The Sanctus Lumine is the very essence of an Angel's strength — the embodiment of their status as divine beings; it is considered to be "Light Magic beyond Light Magic" — which is to say, a hyper-advanced form that several scholars speculate is the origin of the light-based arcane. One could say that the power displayed by ordinary Light Magic and its countless variants is nothing but a mere fraction of the immense holy power that Sanctus Lumine possesses; this includes all forms of Slayer, Purger, and Cleanser magics — all of which are noted to be extremely powerful in their own right. It's said that this was also a "gift" that was given to them by the god who created them — seeing it as a perfect tool to combat any and all evil threats that an angel may face. Sanctus Lumine allows an angel to manipulate all forms of light — even the ones used by their adversary, bending it to their whim & using it to destroy their given target; it also can't be consumed and/or manipulated by any other being, sans those who have received the "Angel's Blessing" — as such a technique is the pinnacle of all forms of photokinesis. It's known that this ability has the potential to utter annihilate anything that it touches down to its very core, having no hope of revival whatsoever. This is known to be dangerous if used on a race, as it will lead them to the brink of extinction. The overall purpose of this ability is to keep evil at bay & deter those going down such a demonic path. The power of this ability is mainly dependent on the number of wings that an Angel possesses. This naturally means that a Seraph's usage of this ability can far outclass that of an Azrael's usage. It's revealed that the ability is the manifestation of their essence, magnified to such extremes in order to perform the given tasks by its users. The pressure it imposes can possibly stifle the very presence of those who are exposed it — sans those of their own ilk; however, there are given exceptions to this rule, as the light can be deemed & felt as a warming presence to those who are considered their ally despite not being one of their kind. Since this is a form of energy, it can be molded & shaped into anything the user desires — the limitation being their own imagination.
- Aetheria (聖域の清浄悪, Ēteruia; lit. "Holy Field of the Scorched Evils"): Said to be derived from an Angel's ability to manipulate light, this technique is derived from the immense pressure that's emitted from that same light; one can see it as the personification of the light's power, as they are affected by it in some sense. It's a defense mechanism exclusive to Angels, used as means to preserve their existence. Aetheria allows an angel to create a certain golden domain of sorts from their Sanctus Lumine; the power, range, and effectiveness of the domain depends on how strong their light is. It goes without saying that the higher the ranking, the more powerful their light becomes — thus this technique follows the same principle; it's possible for a very powerful domain to cover an entire country & be maintained for long periods of time — though no known records have shown such a case, leaving this fact to be debated. Common traits that this technique holds is that it has healing effects — healing all those an Angel deems to be their ally, the temporary enhancement of all abilities of the allies so long as this technique is active, and the weakening of all opposition — specifically those who are black-hearted and/or of a demonic nature. It's this ability that allows an Angel to have the upper hand against those of the demonic kind; even extremely powerful demonic entities fall prey to this technique, halving their original power. It's said that this technique can be empowered when multiple Angels work together and pool their power; this means that it's possible of an Aetheria of multiple lower-class Angels to empower a higher-class's very own. However, the opposite is true to an extreme — the Aetheria emitted from multiple high-class Angels working together can easily surpass (and in some cases, outright eviscerate), lower-class Angels. A common description of this technique is that, according to allies, "It feels like I'm being bathed in a warming presence — like the warmth of a mother holding a child. It seems that I'm protected from all threats made against me." In comparison, enemies affected by state that it felt like they were near the sun's very surface, as if they were being burned to a crisp. This technique can still be used by Fallen Angels — albeit being a bit weaker as a result of their "fall from grace"; it's also darker in color — being black with a purple hue, somewhat reminiscent of their wings. Not only that, the feeling is a bit colder — mainly due to their sins affecting the technique itself. However, the effects remain the same. When two Aetheria clash, it's the stronger one that reins supreme; this is obviously due to the difference in power. It seems that this technique can be used to purify areas contaminated with either evil energy or Magical Barrier Particles — a substance that makes up a Demon; this means that it will be hard for a Demon to regenerate under the effects of this technique due to the lack of particles lingering in the area. This technique is linked to its caster, allowing them to locate any and all things within its confines; this makes it possible to detect enemies, right down to their precise location. Should the domain be affected in any way by a foreign element, the Angel will sense it automatically; this allows the, to react with precision, thus nullifying the chance of a surprise attack. It's unknown if this technique has any other abilities, but it's proven to be one of the most useful weapons at an Angel's disposal — making them all the more feared.
- Guadium: Angels are naturally known to respect the will and freedom of others, even those of their archenemy, fully knowing that impeding on such a thing using their power will cause a severe disruption in the balance of creation; not only that, it would be no different than acting as a god — thus forgetting their place in the universe. Unless willed by those they serve, an Angel won't impede on the actions of others — the exceptions being that if their life is in danger, something rare given their extreme power in-comparison with other races, or if an evil becomes too powerful for others to handle and it reaches a point where it will bring on a great cataclysm. In any case, they are neutral to all events that transpire — whether its in the afterlife, in Earthland, or in other dimensions. Though something that's only recorded a few times in the annals of history where certain beings have heard "the voice of the Gods", entranced by their calls and supposedly "act on their behalf"; whether this is true or not is up for debate, but there have been events that were influenced by such speculations. It's later revealed that the so-called "voices" that such beings were hearing were in-fact an Angel's power being emanated and sent to the individual in-question; most times, this is because of an Angel's desire to communicate with the individual, wanting to know more about them. Other times, it's merely due to an Angel's desire to see the long-term effects of their holy powers on others. In any case, those who are under the Angel's influence have their personalities altered to an extreme degree, becoming a different person altogether; a sign of such change is the sigil they gain in their irides, being shaped after the Angel that's "influenced" them. Their actions become more erratic, yet orderly — acting in a similar manner than an Angel would when maintaining order; it's even seen that they exhibit some of an Angel's power whilst under their influence, despite not being an Angel-Blessed. Sadly, because an Angel's power can't be fully processed and being too great to naturally bear, individuals are usually driven to madness shortly after — usually ending in their imminent death, either from their brain completely shutting down — forcing them into an "eternal sleep", or their body being destroyed — leaving no trace of their physical existence left. As Angels are generally kind creatures, witnessing such effects would put them in a state of shock, fear, and utter disgust — causing them to repent of their mistakes and cut off all contact with the race in-question unless commanded. Ironically, this technique is often used by Fallen Angels to garner more followers and bolster their forces should they ever combat their former allies; it's also them that gave the phenomenon the name, seeing how that those under their control were in "ecstasy". Though the technique is barred by the gods and the rest of their kind — the punishment for its use is execution, there have been instances where it was used with the permission from said gods — believing that it was the "only way" to maintain order without causing too much destruction.
- Flight: All Angels — regardless of rank, physiology, or degree of power, have the unique ability of flight. They can fly unrestricted in any location, the ability being a natural part of them. It's known that this is how they mainly travel from place to place — only walking in rare instances.
The White Arts
Kirchenlied is a terminology used to describe the "unique traits" of an Angel, giving each of them individuality in a similar manner to other races; in a similar vein to the famed Ancient Magics of the Thirteen Otherworldly Virtues, they're manifestations of the Lord, bestowed unto an Angel upon their conception......
|“||It's said that those pure of heart, filled with good intentions will be approached by the most divine of beings; they will be bestowed upon a power unlike any other — one that transcends the common sense of mankind. Such individuals will inherit something pure and phantasmal, that which can't be gained through normal methods; no one can stand against them and all things mundane are below them. It's they that will judge the fate of this forsaken world, acting as the representatives of the holy race.||„|
|~ A common lore told about those blessed by an Angel.|
Benedictionibus ex Caelum: This is derived from their ability to manipulate light, given to those they deemed worthy; those that are recipients of this technique are usually referred to as "Angel-Blessed", their existence being truly recognized by the very heavens. This technique has been performed mainly on Humans, wanting to fulfill their desires of becoming closer to an Angel — a desire that's also been shared by the Angels themselves. In order to perform this technique, the Angel charges an immense amount of light to their hand (sans the usage of the parent technique), places said light-infused hand over the target's head. The main attribute of an Angel is their ability to "purify"; this can fall in line with anything that goes against their will. In this case, the technique is used to purify all imperfections within the target while slightly altering their physiology. This causes them to evolve as a result, thus becoming "converting them" (i.e. gaining the same powers & abilities of Angels). It's known that this effects of this ability can be passed down from generation-to-generation — allowing certain members of the family to inherit an angel's power. However, the only problem with this technique is its level of power; it's said those who's received a blessing from a Seraph through the usage of this technique have inherited an immensely large & strong amount of power that can be passed down for a long time. In comparison, those who received the blessing from an Azrael inherits a small & weak amount of power that temporarily lasts in the recipient — having no chance of it being inherited by the next of kin. It's said that this technique has helped humankind to evolve over the past millennium into what it currently is today. Also, it's been theorized that this technique is what the Angels use to breed & re-populate their kind, but this has yet to be proven. This technique is known to be ineffective against individuals who are corrupted & creatures of an evil species; in fact, if ever performed on them, the technique would backfire causing immense pain as they are purified from the inside-out. In a sense, this technique can be considered cruel as it's seen as a slow form of torture — a trait that contradicts an Angel's given nature. It's been theorized that Fallen Angels had lost this ability upon their corruption, but was later proven false as it was still possible for them to give out such blessings to individuals they deemed worthy; in such a case, the blessing of a fallen is a bit weaker than that of a pure, no longer having affiliation with their homeland. Though the individual chosen receives the same amount of power as a fallen angel of given rank, it's naturally seen as inferior in-comparison with an individual blessed by a pure one. However, it should be noted that ranking is still a factor — thus even if the blessing is weakened to a certain extent, if that Fallen Angel was of a higher ranking, then the power the individual was blessed with can outrank another individual blessed by an angel of a lower ranking. Naturally, those who're blessed by a Fallen Angel gain black wings instead of white ones.
It's said that when an angel dies, their body goes through an unusual metamorphosis. It looses all human characteristics and become something akin to a fetus-like doll. These "corpses" reside in another dimension, guarded by an unknown power; the identity of this power is unknown, but it's hinted to be the "Angel of Death & Finality" himself — Sariel, who's also known as the Grim Reaper in various lore.
When humans make a contract to utilize Angel Magic, they are able to access this dimension — summoning certain levels of angels by paying a certain price via coins. The angels in-question becomes subservient to the caster, obeying their every command. This magic is usable by many, but many Angels see it as a form of enslavement — desecrating the remains of those who have fallen. However, there are known exceptions to this way of thinking — as seen with Sorano, the most prominent user of this magic. The appearance of the angel is decided by their rank — the higher the class, the more of their former appearance they are able to retain.