Alvin The Movie is a 2009 computer animated-CGI-live action comedy action family film directed by Raja Gosnell, Hoyt Yeatman and David McNally(director of Kangaroo Jack), produced by Doug Mitchell, written by Hoyt Yeatman and story by Hoyt Yeatman and Jim Davis.
The movie was featuring the live action cast were Robert Carlyle, Hugh Keays Byrne, Rose Byrne, Jeremy Renner, Catherine McCormack, Mackintosh Muggleton, Imogen Poots, Nathan Jones, Leigh Whannell, Angus Sampson, Wendie Malick, Alison Pill, M. Emmet Walsh, Alec Baldwin, Joan Plowright and also featured the voices of Justin Long, Matthew Gray Grubler, Jesse McCartney, Bill Murray, John Leguizamo, Jack Black, Joe Pantoliano, Adam Garcia, Jon Lovtiz, Jason Alexander, Steve Buscemi, Steve Harvey, David Spade, Jon Favreau and Lee Evans.
It was Jerry Bruckhiemers first G rating outside PG and PG-13 rating and the second is in 3D, the first is G Force. It was the first film to have Animal Logic as the producer and visual effects along with animation studios. This was the first animated movie to be filmed in the UK, the characters will be voiced and stunts for the film were high flying vehicles. Only the flies were CGI. It was the first action movie to feature Chipmunks, kangaroos, panda, cats, flies, birds, rats, squirrels, dogs and chicken to be the animal character as training in production.
The first 3D movie to have a higher rating for violence and action scenes that was full minutes to run the film. For animals, it was family friendly film to feature action scenes that filmed for a stunt crew. It was relased on November 6, 2009 after scheduling dates to push back avoid film release date.
The film begins with Don (Robert Carlyle) typing the spy on his laptop. He meets Alvin (Justin Long) and tells him that his kids should be in charge. Alvin tells him he knew what to do. Alvin enjoys sneaking the premeiter with his friends Simon (Matthew Gray Gulber) and Theodore (Jesse McCartney). Then Kangaroo Jack aka Jackie Legs (Adam Garcia) were Alvin's servant and mentor and friend tells him to go towards Immortan Joe (Hugh Keays Byrne) laboratory in his house. Then Buzz (Steve Harvey) and Scuzz (David Spade) were the flies of A.L.V.I.N. Buzz is the toughest meanest caring fly with spectacles on his eye patch. Scuzz is the fastest, he likes to speed away a lot.
Then the top spies break into Joes house and become animal stealers. The chipmunks, kangaroo and flies escape but the government stops them. Instead, Dr. A.P Envanice (Alec Baldwin) rescues them from getting shut down. He told the chipmunks they were double against agents, avoided by the FBI agents for animals. He told them that he is working with Scarlet (Rose Byrne) and Doyle (Jeremy Renner) two leaders of the FBI that those animals are going undercover.
At home, Don has his wife Alice (Catherine McCormack) and their five children Andy (Mackintosh Muggleton), Tammy (Imogen Poots), Amy (Willow Smith), Piper (Emily Hahn) and Billy (Nathan Gamble). They had pets at home, including Garfield (Bill Murray); he likes being in charge when Don leaves in control, Thomas (Jon Lovtiz), a Dalmatian who is addicted to bones, Matt (Jon Favreau), a squirrel who always takes his nuts, Redfeather (Lee Evans), a chicken who is frantic of danger and fast enough to flap his wings and ran to the gate and Templeton (Steve Buscemi), a rat who is easy to keep his eye on the family and he always scatter when they are in danger. The chipmunks meet them but the animals welcomes them. Alvin meets a big, fat, strong Panda named Po (Jack Black), who eats a lot and sleeps in an tree on the branch because of his weight.
Live Action Cast
- Robert Carlyle as Donald Harris.
- Hugh Keays-Byrne as Immortan Joe.
- Rose Byrne as Major Scarlet Levy.
- Justin Long as Alvin.
- Matthew Gray Gulber as Simon.
- Jesse McCartney as Theodore.
- Jack Black as Po.
- Bill Murray as Garfield.
- John Leguizamo as Jamie.
- Joe Pantoliano as Rufus.
- Adam Garcia as Jackie Legs a.k.a Kangaroo Jack.
- Jon Lovtiz as Thomas.
- Jason Alexander as Rams the Goat.
- Steve Buscemi as Templeton.
- Steve Harvey as Buzz.
- David Spade as Scuzz.
- Jon Favreau as Matt.
- Lee Evans as Redfeather.
- Rowan Atkinson as Pigeon.
- Jeff Bennett as Parakeet.
- Steve Coogan as Bunny.
- Gordon Tootoosis as Egale.
- Jim Cummings as Rooster.
- Carlos Alazraquri and Greg Ellis as Two Ducks.
- Tom Kenny, Jeff Bennett, Jim Cummings, Cheech Marin and Brad Garrett as Swans.
- Richard Kind as Rat.
- Tara Strong as Puppy Labador.
- Lacey Chabert, Dakota Fanning and Nathan Gamble as Three Labador Puppies.
In August 2007, Jerry Bruckhiemer hired directors Riley Osborne and Raja Gosnell to make the film. Bruckhiemer hired more directors along with producers and writers also with screenplay to be in production. Disney and Bruckhiemer were made this film as comedy and action, which Raja Gosnell said to Jerry Bruckhiemer "After G-Force, were making Alvin The Movie, it's like chipmunks but with pandas and Kangaroos in it". In March 2008, Bruckhiemer and Disney hired a teaser trailer will attached to Blue Sky film Horton Hears a Who!. After making G-Force, the directors add screenwriters to make Live action and animation comedy and action.
In April 2009, This film was set in London and Actors voiced characters in films. Bruckhiemer added Jack Black to voice Po from Kung Fu Panda. Jack Black was excited with Bruckhiemer and voiced his character in the film.
In June 2009, Bruckhiemer hired six 28 Weeks Later actor to reprise their roles as characters from the movie, which Robert Carlyle was happy with Bruckhiemer.
The soundtrack was released in September 4, 2009 before the film was released. The score was composed by Hans Zimmer, John Powell, Trevor Rabin, Mark Mothersbaugh and James Newton Howard.
The scene for the chase is in the soundtrack "The Chase" was from National Treasure, The soundtrack was another scene were Garfield gets Taken but was rescued by Thomas was "To Die For" was added in "Rescue".
- 1.Day 'n' Nite - Kid Cudi.
- 2.I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) - Pitbull.
- 3.Hotel Room Service - Pitbull.
- 4.No One - Alica Keys.
- 5.Umbrella - Rihanna.
- 6.Telephone - Lady Gaga and Beyoncé.
- 7.I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas.
- 8.Boom Boom Pow - The Black Eyed Peas.
- 9.When Love Takes Over - Kelly Rowland and David Guetta.
- 10.Sexy Bitch - David Guetta and Akon.
- 11.Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) - Fergie ft LMFAO.
- 12.Car Wash - Missy Elliott and Chrisitna Aguilera.
- 13.I Need a Hero - Frou Frou.
- 14.Jump - Flo Rida ft Nelly Furtado
- 15.Alvin GO - Tini Tempah ft Lady Gaga
- Before Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel was released in December 2009, directors Raja Gosnell and Hoyt Yeatman along with David McNally added Chipmunks alongside animals in an action movie.
- Wendie Malick, M. Emmet Walsh, Steve Harvey, David Spade and Joe Pantoliano are the only actors that previously starred in Racing Stripes.
- All of those actors and scenes were filmed in London and New York City while some of the voice actors have recorded their lines together in the film.
- The scene where Immortan Joe in his Gigahorse chasing Alvin and his animal friends on the bridge is the same London Bridge.
- The dog that Alvin greets at the party is voiced by Fergie a.k.a Stacy Ferguson who previously voiced Hippo girlfriend in Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa in 2008.
- Ewan McGregor was considered for the role of Don but he was replaced by Robert Carlyle.
- This the first Jerry Bruckhiemer film to be relased in November.
- The poodle that jumps in the pool is voiced by Katy Perry in her first starring role.
- When breaking in Immortan Joe's room, Po says "YEAH MAN!" is previously used in Tropic Thunder.
- The big motorcycle that Alvin and his animal friends used before being chased by the Gigahorse that Immortan Joe used is animated in CGI when it was made by Animal Logic.
- Alec Baldwin and Jeremy Renner later starred in Mission Impossible:Rouge Nation in 2015.
- Justin Long and Jack Black have recorded their lines together along with Matthew Gray Gulber, Jesse McCartney, Jon Favreau and others.
- The door that Alvin used is the number A113.
- Hugh Keays-Byrne get sent to the hospital after the accident in the set for the train crash for the scene.
- The locust that Alvin meets is animated in CGI and voiced by David Wenham. The name was Little Cricket in the credits.
- After the train runs over Immortan Joe in his Gigahorse, a white flash in one second and the explosion scene was recycled in F.A.C.T advert.
- Leigh Whannell and Alison Pill later starred in Cooties in 2015.
- The president that was in America is portrayed by Danny Glover.
- To make animals talk, they used puppetry and using computer animated to design the animals talk with their mouths moving in the film.