Alpha and Omega 6: Dino Digs is a 2015 remake of the 2016 Alpha and Omega film of the same name. This reboot was directed by Anthony Bell and Ben Gluck and stars Justin Long, Hayden Panettiere and Cole Sand amongst others. It is a Sequel to Alpha and Omega, Alpha and Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure, Alpha and Omega 3: The Great Wolf Games, Alpha and Omega 4: The Legend of the Saw Tooth Cave, Alpha and Omega 5: Family Vacation.
|Alpha and Omega 6: Dino Digs (Remake)|
|Director:||Anthony Bell & Ben Gluck|
|Producer(s):||Ken Katsumoto, Steve Moore & Richard Rich|
|Writer(s):||Christopher Denk & Steve Moore|
|Running Time:||83 Minutes|
|← Previous||Next →|
The film begins 65 million years ago, where it shows a young female raptor named Amy (Tori Kelly) being chased by a roaring T-Rex, as a meteor shower starts raining down, wiping out all the dinosaurs - including Amy and the T-Rex. The scene cuts back to the present, as the area where one of the meteors hit, is now turned into a sacred burial ground for humans to dig up ancient dinosaur bones.
Meanwhile, the leader of the human diggers Mac (Tom Cruise) has build a golf course near the site, which upsets his brother Ian (Chris Pratt), who is an environmentalist. The humans have also build fake dens nearby for wolves nearby. Both men arrive to the burial ground, as Mac explains that a museum will pay him millions of dollars for finding rare dinosaur bones. As the two trappers from the fifth film are digging, the sunlight causes Amy to magically be brought back to life. While this is happening, Kate (Hayden Panettiere) and Humphrey (Justin Long) are moving to the man-made dens - which are referred to as "wolf-burbia" - since they have been constantly threatened by rogue wolves. Kate loves the idea much to Humphrey's dismay. As Carney (Phyllis Smith) shows them inside the den (which has electricity that turns on automatically when the wolves enter or clap their paws), Marcel (Larry Miller) and Paddy (Eric Price) arrive and Carney tries to shoo them away, which causes Paddy to poop on her face. After a brief tour of the cave, Marcel and Paddy are not too keen of their new location, but when Carney mentions golf, they both change their minds and agree to move there. Humphrey is hesitant, but he eventually agrees for the safety of his family. As they move the pups, Stinky (Cole Sand), Claudette (Lizzy Greene) and Runt (Aidan Gallagher) to their new home during the night, the next day the pups wake up to see their new home, but just like their father they're not satisfied at all. The wolves go out to explore the new area, but the pups grow tired and run back into the forest, much to Kate's dismay who adores the place.
While playing, Stinky smells something strange in a nearby tree and as Runt tries to communicate, Amy pops out from behind the branches, causing the pups to run away. Amy chases after them, thinking they might help her. But when the pups do the spin-out, Amy slips and accidentally hits them with her tail, sending them flying into the air and falling right onto the burial ground.
Meanwhile, Marcel and Paddy are teaching Humphrey how to play golf, only for Humphrey to get chased away by two female caribou, Marge (Holly Hunter) and Donna (Amy Adams) and get his head stuck in a log while the two birds snark. At the burial ground, the pups get to know Amy more as she tells them what happened 65 million years ago. As told by her mother, Amy should run to the Circle of Light, an area where she would be protected. She was then chased by the T-Rex and upon arriving to the Circle of Light, they were both hit by the meteor shower which led to the dinosaurs being wiped out. Once the light hit the spot, it caused Amy to revive, and now she tells the pups they must stop the diggers from unearthing the T-Rex to help her return to her time when the light touches the ground. Jeffro (Thomas Haden Church) and Griffin (Chad Lindberg) arrive at the site to resume digging, where it's revealed that they lost a lot of money after failing to capture Kate, Humphrey and the pups, and this made them become diggers. While they're digging, the pups secretly steal their truck to lure them away. In the mean time, Kate and Humphrey are adjusting to their new home, while Marcel and Paddy are swimming around in a man-made fountain lake. As music from the fountain starts to play, Marcel and Paddy have a dream-like dance sequence while all the other animals - including Kate and Humphrey - watch, confused and freaked out. Jeffro and Griffin catch up with their stolen truck, when Mac shows up and tells them to keep digging while he will be sending more diggers. As she hears the quacks of some ducks nearby, Amy decides to explore the new world as it will her only time doing so before going back to her time. The pups agree and they go exploring. Later, as nighttime comes the pups are attacked by a group of rogue wolves who threaten to kill them for entering their territory, but Amy chases them away. They return home and are spotted by Kate, Humphrey, Marcel and Paddy, who're shocked to see a live dinosaur in front of them. The pups explain everything they should do to help Amy reach the burial ground in time. At first, the others don't believe this, but when the pups reminisce how they were raised to be kind, caring and helpful, they all agree to help the raptor.
The next day, Mac sends more diggers to help Jethro and Griffin dig up the area, as Amy and the wolves come up with a plan to distract and lure them away. At first, they make it seem like the humans are surrounded by wolves on every angle by howling, which frightens some of the diggers and makes them retreat back into their trucks. This is followed by a stampede of caribou, driving the rest of the diggers away. Mac finally snaps and angrily starts digging for the bones, along with Jeffro and Griffin. However, the ground starts to shake and the T-Rex comes back to life as the ray of light shines through the hole. The T-Rex then chases Jeffro and Griffin away, and then goes after Mac to throw him away from the burial ground. Kate, Humphrey, the pups and the others are trying to stop the dinosaur before the ray of light appears, as the T-Rex destroys their fake den (but the wolves aren't too bothered about it this time). Runt comes up with an idea to lure the T-Rex to the fountain lake, where the music can distract it from destroying everything. Amy lets the T-Rex chase her towards the fountain, where the music starts and distracts both dinosaurs, leading them into another dance sequence. Meanwhile, the ray of light finally appears on the burial ground, and they all head there while the T-Rex follows them. They reach the burial ground just in time, and after sharing their final goodbyes, Amy and the T-Rex magically return to their time. Though reluctant, Kate and Humphrey cover the ground in boulders with the help of some caribous, while Ian and the diggers return to fill it up. Ian vows never to disturb nature again. The film ends with the wolves finally agreeing to head back home in Jasper Park.
- Justin Long as Humphrey
- Hayden Panettiere as Kate
- Cole Sand as Stinky
- Lizzy Greene as Claudette
- Aidan Gallagher as Runt
- Christina Ricci as Lilly
- Chris Carmack as Garth
- Ella Anderson as Star, Lilly and Garth's Daughter, the small white omega wolf pup that looks just like Lilly.
- Mace Coronel as Jared, Lilly and Garth's son, the oldest alpha wolf that looks just like Garth.
- Addison Riecke as Dori, Lilly and Garth's Daughter, the only alpha wolf that looks just like Eve.
- Danny Glover as Winston
- Vicki Lewis as Eve
- Will Ferrell as Tony
- Miranda Otto as Niara, Tony's wife, and Mother of Garth. "with Red-Orange, Sandy White fur and Green eyes, a female alpha wolf body shape looks just like Claw."
- Jessica Chastain as Julia
- Piper Perabo as Liz
- Chad Lindberg as Griffon
- Thomas Haden Church as Jethro
- Phyllis Smith as Carney
- Tori Kelly as Amy
- Tom Cruise as Mac
- Chris Pratt as Ian
- Holly Hunter as Marge, the female caribou
- Amy Adams as Donna, another female caribou
- Suzy Nakamura as Rogue Wolf, the leader of the Rogue betas, and King Slash's Beta.
- Tom Welling as Digger #1
- Christopher Denk as Digger #2 (uncredited)
- Steve Moore as Golfer (uncredited)
- Kevin Sussman as Shakey
- Hugh Tyrrell as Salty
- Eric Price as Mooch / Paddy
- Larry Miller as Marcel
- Arilyn Tokuda as Claws / Janice
- Sung Kang as Scar
- Eric Lopez as Can-do
- Paul Nakauchi as Hutch
- Bitsie Tulloch as Sweets
- Mela Lee as Candy
- Jason Ortenberg as Squirrel #1
- Andrew Ortenberg as Squirrel #2
- Edward Asner as King Slash
- Jane Lynch as Princess Terra (Terra and Nars are getting married so Fleet and Magril's gonna have Terra to be there new mom.)
- Aziz Ansari as Simon Piglet
- Shaun Gerardo as Strech the Rogue #1
- Steve Carell as Torch the Rogue #2
- Patrick Warburton as Sharp the Rogue #3
- Ty Panitz as Marlin the Bear Cub
- Max Charles as Lenny the Porcupet
- Jeremy Shinder as Brent, a grizzly bear cub
- Elise Fisher as Agnes, a porcupine.
- George Clooney as Nars, nothern team coach.
- Thomas Kuc as Fleet, northern male alpha pup.
- G. Hannelius as Magril, northern female alpha pup.
- Farkle Minkus as Ed, eastern team pup.
- Jennifer Lawrence as Daria, a white blind wolf.
- Cameron Richardson as Lois, Daria’s sister.
- Ed Helms as Lyle and Link, a twin wolves.
- Frank Welker as Bears, the (former) tertiary antagonists. / Animals' vocal effects (uncredited)
Princess And Runt
- Meanwhile for an hour for supper, Princess is hunting for herself when she Bump into someone. then she hear a growl. as she look up she recognize the wolf.
- Princess: Runt?
- Runt: Princess?
- Claudette: Runt Who is this?
- Runt: Claudette, Stinky Mom and dad this is Princess.
- Kate: So Your the one Look after our son aren't you?
- Princess: Yes and you must be Kate.
- Kate: Yep that's me.
- Humphrey: Hope he doesn't cause any trouble
- Princess: Not at All I like him a lot I've also left the pack.
- Humphrey: Well you can stay with us.
- Princess: Really?
- Kate: Yeah..
- "We Found a Way" by Cash Callaway
- "Geronimo" by Sheppard
- "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon