The owner of this page is SkyGuy. According to policy, no other user, with the exception of admins, may edit this page without the owner's permission. If they do, they will receive an automatic 3 month block. If you are the Owner, and someone edits your page, alert Chris6d immediately.
No one knows how the first seven came to be, as they left no record of their lifetimes. Nevertheless, the story of how they stopped evil from enslaving Patria grew and was passed down for generations until it became legend.
The Legend of the Lunaculi
"In ancient times, when the great continents were still nameless, a great evil named Voldrazar crept forth from the depths of the Underworld seeking to enslave all of Patria. Many years of struggle between good and evil ensued with Voldrazar nearing victory. Then, seven young warriors, one from each continent ravaged by the Evil Emperor, appeared as if out of nowhere. Together they battled Voldrazar for the fate of Patria. Their strength, unbelievable. Their power, unstoppable. Voldrazar was defeated, and the seven warriors returned home, and their names were given to the great lands they saved. Since then, the seven warriors have been reincarnated and have since maintained the balance between good and evil, always awaiting the call to gather again, should that balance ever shift." - An ancient text describing the origins of the lunaculi
Powers & Abilities
Despite their role as balance keepers spread across the world, the powers of the lunaculi operate on a principle, "The Power of Seven." While they are powerful in their own right, alone they only have their own strength, but the more that are nearby the more powerful each becomes. And when all seven are together, they are unbeatable.
The lunaculi tend to spontaneously develop unique powers normally not seen amongst their own birth race. While sometimes hereditary based on the family lines they're born into, some are practically unheard of, or only appear once in many generations.
While the lunaculi tend to develop their own powers, all lunaculi share certain powers:
They have two unique abilities with their eyes. These are activated by closing both eyes, focusing on one eye, and then reopening that particular eye while keeping the other one closed. The crimson eye, called the "Devil's Eye," allows the lunaculus to see spirits of the dead, which are normally invisible unless they want to be seen. The blue eye, called "Angel's Eye," allows the lunaculus to see through anything, even invisibility enchantments.
Another power they all share is Empathy, the ability to feel and understand other people's feelings, emotions, and desires. While they share this power, it is not something they all can easily do, as only fully realized lunaculi who've learned to control their own emotions can unlock this power. Otherwise, it remains locked away in their subconscious where it can't be used until they are successful in unlocking it. The only real danger is if a lunaculi misuses or abuses this power. Any lunaculi that does so can find themselves driven insane by the sudden surge of emotions from all around.
Another ability of theirs, which is the most powerful and most fearsome, is the "Lunaculus State." It is a combination of the power of all their past lives; their wisdom, knowledge, and power. When this happens, both their eyes glow bright green and they are capable of almost unimaginable feats. Like their normal powers, it is more powerful when more than one lunaculus is in proximity. A lunaculus will usually go into this state when they are in real danger, or when they go into a sufficient rage of fury. But they can also, if mastered, go into it at will. They can also go into this state more easily, mastered or not, during Harmonic Convergence once every four thousand years.
Since the first seven, the lunaculi have been continuously reincarnated so that there are always seven at a time. When one dies, a new one is born at least a few weeks after their predecessor's death. It should also be noted that the reincarnations are not race specific, meaning that any race, half-breed or not, can produce a lunaculus. Though reincarnations into a specific race are usually by chance alone, Alfheim is the exception; its lunaculus is reincarnated in a cycle.
Tallulah & Xyliana
Tallulah and Xyliana are ancient immortal half-twin sisters that created the lunaculi in the first place. Their mother, who's name is lost to history, was human, but Tallulah's father was an angel, making her a Nephilim, and Xyliana's father was demon, making her a cambion. While born opposites, both sisters shared the same belief: Voldrazar had to be stopped.
And so the sisters gathered seven individuals and gifted them with the power needed to stand up to Voldrazar, and lock him away.
- Minerva Eurodon: Female human.
- Aragrawp Aquilonis: Male half-dwarf.
- Canaplao Marlakcor: Male human.
- Kuzkco Nekcroz: Male saurian (lizardman).
- Shivaji Ingodija: Male human.
- Iekika Maritymir: Mermaid.
- Luctiana Ophihaya: Female Alfheimish fairy; race unknown.
- Rokkier Ironstone: Male dwarf; nationality unknown.
- Tiberius Sergius Ignatius: Male human from Rome.
- Bastpaduse: Male human from Kemet.
- Gaillyir: Female gargoyle from the Gargate Empire.
- Arthion Galuchin Tharbadir Glordir Ordaer: Male High Elf from Tyrakir (a pre-Hylarene High Elf kingdom).
- Abdul ibn Shumaila bint Ekram Sahrawi: Male human from Hejaz.
- Xiao Han: Male human from Huaxia.
- Qian Wei: Male human from Zhonghua.
- Cuyuchua: Male human from Tawantinsuyu (Inca Empire).
- Saityroe Kadikache Loik Atlantis: Male human from Atlantis.
- Eronvinus: Male; race and nationality unknown.
- Yanika: Female human shaman from Atlantis.
46th Century AFZ
- Zelda Tepes; Female Vampire from Transylvania — lunaculus of Eurodon.
- Suguha Oda; Female Human from Yamatai — lunaculus of Aquilonis.
- Aglardor; Male Wood Elf from Jingling — lunaculus of Marlakcor.
- Tacohita Inilzac, aka Hwang Hye-won; Female Human — lunaculus of Nekcroz.
- Ganesh Khanolkar; Male Human from Maratha — lunaculus of Ingodija.
- Nai'a Palakiko; Female Half-mermaid from Hawaiki — lunaculus of Maritymir.
- Ricus Steelfern; Male Alfheimish Fairy (Leprechaun) — lunaculus of Alfheim.
Each lunaculus has their own personal symbol, which is occasionally marked where any of them were born or have done great deeds. The symbols were originally created by the first seven, and have since become their symbols of recognition and pride. Since the first seven, the lunaculi would sometimes wear their respective symbols somewhere on their person, but this is not a given for every lunaculus.
- Lunaculi, and Lunaculus, is a portmanteau that comes from the Latin words Luna (moon) and Oculi/Oculus (eyes/eye), which describes their heterochromatic eyes like the twin moons of Patria.
- lunaculus and lunaculi are pronounced "lū-nok-yū-lus" and "lū-nok-yū-lie" respectively.
- The lunaculi were partially inspired by the Avatar from the Avatar Series.
- The list of known lunaculi in the subsections of the Pre-Chronicles of Patria section are listed in chronological order.
- Luctiana Ophihaya was the only lunaculus who's surname wasn't given to their homeland. Alfheim already had its name by her time.
- While it's common for lunaculi to meet up and interact with each other at some point in their lives, a full gathering is a very rare occurrence; and some lunaculi go their entire lives without meeting another lunaculus.
- Between the original defeat of Voldrazar and the gathering during the Great Northern Aquilonis War, all seven lunaculi have gathered together a total of twenty-three times.
- Also, after a full gathering, it is common for the lunaculi to "scatter" again within days of the ultimate purpose of their gathering being fulfilled.