A Brother's Nightmare is a 2013 drama film.
Fifteen-year-old Alex McWatson has a terrific relationship with his twin brother, Ethan. The boys never fight, they always help out around the house, always help with each other's homework, and always stick up for each other. It seems that the boys have the perfect brotherly relationship...
...but one morning, Ethan is discovered dead in the backyard, his throat slit from ear to ear.
The whole town is shocked at this senseless murder. Donations and prayers go out to the McWatson family, but some evidence arises that causes Alex and Ethan's parents to be declared prime suspects and as a result, Alex is taken away by Child Services and placed in the custody of his grandparents.
Alex knows that his parents did not kill Ethan, but his protests fall on deaf ears to all except his grandparents. With the future of his parents looking bleak because of all the damning evidence against them, it is up to Alex to prove that his parents did not kill Ethan. Will he succeed?
Cast of Characters
- Cole Sprouse as Alex McWatson (The main character)
- Dylan Sprouse as Ethan McWatson (Alex's twin brother)
- Dylan Neal as Todd McWatson (Alex & Ethan's father)
- Lori Loughlin as Cindy McWatson (Alex & Ethan's mother)
- Marcia Gay Harden as Detective Donna Yates (A police detective who firmly believes that Todd and Cindy murdered Ethan)
- Yancy Butler as Janice Hall (Todd & Cindy's attorney)
- Ed Asner as Frederick McWatson (Alex & Ethan's grandfather)
- Florence Henderson as Betty McWatson (Alex & Ethan's grandmother)
- Victoria Justice as Tammy Powers (Ethan's ex-girlfriend, who initially has a rock-solid alibi and taken off the suspect list early on)
Tammy (She, upset over being dumped by him, lured Ethan out of his house in the middle of the night, killed him, and disposed of the butcher knife used to cut his throat.)